Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

problem

Hello.

I have a problem with the projector, suddenly the images are shown very distorted (and seemingly bigger that before), it is not blame of Ishow neither of *********.
I have been able to check that it also happens reproducing the predetermined images of the show card I-trust of the galvos. These ones reproduced to the perfection.

Not you that he/she has been able to happen, but all the graphics are shown distorted, although it is about a simple line, rectangle or circle.

Does somebody know to that can be due? : Indeciso:: Yabbem:

Best Regards.

Juanma.

The first step is to check all the connections - especially the grounds.

I have verified all the connections.

I have also proven with another card same show, another galvos game, with having wired new and it happens the same thing.

Can the galvos (two games) be ruined that they work, but don't end up reproducing the images accurately?

I have been able to prove with two games, one of 30Kpps and another of 40Kpps, but the problem persists with both.

Thank you.

Juanma.

outch... bad news.

On thing : did you try to invert the INPUT signal X <-> Y? Like this you can see if this is the DMX card who doesn't work or the driver-galvo itself.

Generaly, when it does that, the photodiode (galvo sensor) is dead or close to die

Thank you for the interest, I explain...

The galvos is TE-LIGHTING PT-30K

http://www.ebay.es/itm/30Kpps-HightS...ht_3590wt_1394

I have also proven with some YOU-LIGHTING PT-40K of second hand that present the same problem (but when not being able to escanear correctly I am not sure that they work to the perfection); but... I believe that it is a lot of chance that two galvos games, 30K and 40K are faulty and present the same problem when escanear any image type.

The galvos, can they end up being ruined so that seemingly they move correctly, but that non escaneen accurately?
I have proven with both sample cards, with both galvos, with both feeding sources, with the cables of the two galvos games, we go... all that I have been happened the I have proven had left double and the problem continues equally.

I Have DAC Ishow (ILDA DB -25) and software *********, but the distortion even appears when I disconnect DAC and it reproduces alone the images of the sample (these images defaulted always had correctly them escaneado) card, now it distorts them enough, it seems as if the galvos made less noise than before and the images are shown bigger but with a lot of distortion. I have tried to adjust from Ishow and *********, but it has been impossible to improve the reproduction.

The distortion appears in both channels X - Y.

Can problem of the modules laser be, connections of these, feeding, or another reason that he/she doesn't have relationship with the galvos?
Can it have a wrong contact with the aluminum base that produces this distortion?

Next I show him/her images of the projector, I am going up it to my page web.

PROYECTOR LÁSER - aficiones

Very grateful for their help, I am worried by not finding the solution, for my problem with the language and for not being able to express me and to understand all the information that you explain correctly, I have to use a translator and many times the translation it is very different to that that in fact is.

Thank you and that God blesses them.

Juanma.

Don't worry, English isn't my first language too, I speak French in my country :D

The problem of distortion appears directly when you put ON the laser or after a few minutes?

if it is after a few time, this may come from a over heating of the drivers...

Do you have a volt-meter? did you measure the voltage of the power suppply? this should be -18V 0V +18V or -24V 0V +24V, even in working condition.

The problem appears from the first moment.

I have measured the tension + - 23,9v.

Best Regards.
Juanma.

Things

How about posting some pictures of the problem with the projected image?

Without knowing what reproduces it is difficult to show, but...

28im1k9.jpg

14tlzys.jpg

8xvvb9.jpg

The flower appeared with the very defined angles, now they are rounded and different thick of it lines.
The other images are circles and you line (that the camera doesn't pick up completely), but that they also appear deformed.

When reproducing some waves, these appear with intermediate very present points and the thick of line are not the same ones that when it reproduced correctly.
The sensation is as if escaneara to smaller speed, mostrano the biggest image in the normal thing and distorting the lines; it is impossible to show a circle, this he/she appears deformed and with some it lines straight line for half.

I think that the motors galvo are well, they move seemingly without problem, but the projected image is distorted and I believe that bigger than, as if the lines were thicker and among them they appear thick points that before didn't appear to form the image.
The case is that I am very concerned because I don't find the solution and not even you where the problem can be... if in galvos, amplifiers or wired and connections.
I have proven galvos of 40k (I bought used of 2ª hand) with connection card with programmed (i-trust) images, DAC Ishow and software Spaguetti, wired new and it happens the same problem of distortion.

2qvta9g.jpg

Juanma.

Last edited: