Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problem with a Jayrob kit: XJ-A140 diode kind of LEDed ?

Thank you, I know I'm not the only one that burns diodes, but it always hurts. I have been reading this forum for a while before I subscribed, and I have some knowlege about general electronics, that's why I sound like I "have a pretty good start for a noob" :) .
I have also ordered a LOC, two PHR and a SF-AW210 from various websites about a year ago, but so far each diode died, some because of a mistake, but some for unknown reasons ... I guess I'm not lucky or not precise enough :thinking: . I have only one working laser now, a red build (diode from a DVD burner, the host is a maglite-like) at about 200mA with a flexdrive. I was lucky enough to find THE piece I needed to make a heatsink (good diameter for the aixiz and already threaded to screw into the host :drool:). I guess that if it's still alive, it's only because I try not to open it unless I really have to, otherwise I think I would have blown this one too. :whistle:

The 445 laser was my holiday project, but I will soon go back to school, so I will probably wait the next holidays to start an other laser project.
I wil keep reading the forum though ;)

Morgan

I feel your pain clempar55!

If you're struggling and ever in need of a repair then I'm in the UK if that helps.

Costs nothing to look at things for you.

You'll soon be back up and running with the blue though.

Keep the faith!

M
:)