Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pricing Quality IR Goggles

H

High_Octane

I'm building a Laser using a 1000mw 808nm laser diode TO-5 Package, So I feel at that power I must have a proper pair of IR Goggles for protection.
I do have a night vision security camera, that I can use to see the beam, But I still want to be wearing Goggles.

If you know where a good place to get them, Please post that information.

If you have some For Sale, Please describe them with a pic if possible, and what you want for them including shipping to IL. USA.

Thanks

Cxrazy

1MW?

as in capital M?

holy cow. uhh. I have no idea, hopefully someone can help you out! :eek:

Sorry to be OT, but 1MW? as in a MILLION watts? With that thing you could burn my house down from where you live!

Back on topic, for a million watt laser, you are gonna need a high high OD rating in the goggles. You can't use regular OD3 goggles, cause at OD3 if you got a direct hit the goggles would let 1000 Watts through. You would need like OD11 goggles or higher for that thing.

S

SenKat

Styro - incorrect....SORT of :)

What wavelength, High Octane ? And what TYPE of device are you talking about - CW, or pulsed ? CO2, YAG, etc ? Spill it so you can get accurate info.

H

High_Octane

Updated it again, Sorry for the confusion. :-/

1000mw 808nm laser diode TO-5 Package

DATA:

Parameter: AL808T1000
CW output power(Mw): 1000
Peak wavelength(nm): 808+/-10
Spectral width(nm):[ch8804]5
Threshold current(A):[ch8804]300
Operating current(A):[ch8804]1400
Operating voltage:[ch8804]2.2
Slope efficiency(W/A):[ch8805]1.0
wavelength temperature coefficienc(nm/[ch8451]):0.3
Beam divergency(deg):12/40
Emitting area([ch956]m):100x1
Serial resitance([ch937]):[ch8804]0.5
Lifetime(h):10000
Package: TO-5

Laq

Check up with Pseudonomen137 if he still has some IR goggles.  He sold me a pair of OD3 IR goggles, that were sufficient protection gear for using my 477mW 808nm laser.

Give him a PM, he might still have them for sale, and tell you if those are appropriate goggles for your laser.
(they should be, since OD3 reduces the power of your laser enough to an unharmfull level of a ~1mW pointer, if i'm correct)

link with pics :  http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1184825668

nes_ds

If Peusdo doesn't have them in stock, I'm sure he can tell you where to get them.

The only place I know of that makes quality IR shades is NOIR.

At the moment I have a very limited stock of goggles and I need them for my IR laser packages. I will contact the person I got them from and see if he can supply more.

H

High_Octane

pseudonomen137 said:
At the moment I have a very limited stock of goggles and I need them for my IR laser packages. I will contact the person I got them from and see if he can supply more.

Thank You, let me know if things work out.

Okay, I can get a few more, just a little more expensive than last time. If you want a pair of the OD 3+ 804-1700nm Glendale goggles I sell with my IR lasers, it'll be $65 shipped to the US.

You can see the goggles in this picture:
IRpackage1.jpg