Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PRice drop on 95mW Vipers

I was just checking out the dl site when i noticed yet ANOTHER price drop on the 95mW's
thought I'd spread the word =]

im tempted to get one since I still have a $41 gift coupon from DL

Man at those prices wicked is going to seriously start losing sales, unless they drop prices. Man I love competition.

N00B

It looks like they dropped prices on everything except the 125

Viper Series 95mW $189.99
Viper Series 75mW $159.99
Viper Series 55mW $129.99
Viper Series 35mW $109.99
Viper Series 15mW $99.99

mcfehn

Oh great, now I'm going to have to reconsider this whole thing.  I was so close to buying from NOVA today.  But now I'm not so sure. I know, I know...SenKat's thinking "Jeez, hurry up and make a decision already."

Well it depends on what power you want. Nova has their lasers up 10 milliwatts than most other lasers but they are a little more expensive. So if you want a little more power and you are willing to pay a few extra bucks go with Nova, if you don't go with DL.

mcfehn

Actually it's more about which company wants me as a customer and what they're willing to do to win me over. It's after 5pm now so I guess I won't find out who wants me more until next week.

K

kingzilla

This whole thing makes my head spin. As soon as I decide on one company, then the other lowers its prices! :D I love it! ;D

S

SenKat

mcfehn said:
Actually it's more about which company wants me as a customer and what they're willing to do to win me over.  It's after 5pm now so I guess I won't find out who wants me more until next week.

It IS a buyer's market - since I have not dealt with DL's customer service much beyond the whole Blue review, I cannot tell you how well they treat their customers - I have not heard of any NOVA customers getting any underpowered lasers yet, and only one person thus far has had to return theirs due to an issue - so....it is a tough decision, and NOVA will not sell their cases seperately (yet) and that really makes the purchase complete, in my book - the case looks REALLY good - folks go, " Ooooo - what's hiding in that really nice case there?" when they walk into my office :p hehehehehe

Senkat, I did ask NOVA a while ago if they would consider selling their cases separatly and they said they are still trying to figure out how much to price them for, but they want to sell them separate, so who knows soon hopefully.

S

SenKat

They will not be cheap, I can tell you that ! They will be at LEAST $25.00 - otherwise, why would someone pay the extra $20.00 for the case, lightyears, and NOVA membership ? :cool:

SenKat said:
They will not be cheap, I can tell you that !  They will be at LEAST $25.00 - otherwise, why would someone pay the extra $20.00 for the case, lightyears, and NOVA membership ? :cool:

yea i bet. Also I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't sell them separate because right now that's half the reason why people are choosing NL or DL because of the sweet case and if they start selling them separate people could buy from DL and then just order the case separate.
so time will tell.