Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pretty good idea to .....

... carry your pen-style laser around might be to go to a tobacco shop and get hold of some cigartubes ... they come in various looks and materials ... alloy, brushed steel, wood etc... and cost around 5-10$ .... size is usually around 18cm length and 1,8cm width ... anyone thought about it befor or tried it already ?

Frank

I have tried it before,hehe,it's a 30 Watt green laser.

Are you using the cigartube to carry the laser around or did you build one from a cigartube ?

That sounds like a good idea, though it would probably be best to get a cigar in a tube that's closer to the size of the laser rather than a tube like a Cigar Savor that you would buy separately. They would be too big for the laser as they are generally made to hold a cigar up to maybe 7" x 54 (that is, 54/64", or about .85"). A common brand that's sold in most stores that sell any handmade cigars is Montecristo, and they have a Tubos cigar (6" x 42, or 6" x .656") that comes in an aluminum tube that would be slightly larger in diameter. It depends on the type of laser you have, but that should be a good starting point. The cigar should run you about $7 or $8, and if you don't smoke, send it to me!!! ;) Cigars happen to be my other hobby ;D

Look for this symbol

Attachments

• montecristo_logo.jpg
    montecristo_logo.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 85