Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PPLN green 530nm laser

Hey guys check this little beauty out. It is a pretty neat PPLN laser diode. It is the size of a dime and puts out about 107mw of 530nm laser awesomeness. It is item number 233004200040 on eBay. I got him to come down to 80 dollars for the module. I think there is only one left so I thought I would post this to let anyone know that may want one. (I was going to post pics but imgbb is being weird so just look at eBay pics haha)

diachi

Interested, waiting on hearing from the seller if the driver is included or not.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Interesting find. Not a bad price either. Thanks for sharing.

It is a very cool module indeed. Hey diachi if you are talking about the 200 dollar nitrogen laser that is mine ;) send me a pm and we can talk it over

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Seller says the driver is included too. I was seriously considering it, but there's a good deal on a nitrogen laser that I might go for instead. Can't do both...
That's not bad at all. Can't go for it myself either, but I would of considered it too.

Last edited:
That is a good deal for that laser. The guy who is looking for a green laser for holography might be interested in this one.

I didn't realize how tiny these laser are. I might be interested if there are some available after the end of the year. Will have to add cooling of some sort. TEC preferably, but they say at 50 mW one can get by with passive cooling.

Just ordered one myself. Looks very nice. Won't be hard to add TEC cooling to it.

Anthony P

I recently purchased one of these with drivers ( 2 boards). Just built DC supply and mounted on heatsink with switchable fan. I did not adjust regulators. It produces about 30mW optical output. Seems stable after 10 minute test. Boards get ever so slightly warm and diode stayed cool.

diachi

Heater needs around 1.5-2.0V. Passive cooling is fine out to about 50mW as you said, start needing something more above that
I recently purchased one of these with drivers ( 2 boards). Just built DC supply and mounted on heatsink with switchable fan. I did not adjust regulators. It produces about 30mW optical output. Seems stable after 10 minute test. Boards get ever so slightly warm and diode stayed cool.

That one must be turned down, or needs some tuning. They'll happily do 80-100mW. Any idea what current the pump diode is running at?

Anthony P

I do not. It came pre-wired and pre-adjusted. As this was plenty of power for holography and running conservatively is a good thing, I left well enough alone. In a few months, after hologram project, I might take it apart and tweek it.

Junktronics said in Discord earlier the heater needs 2.5V constant voltage and the pump diode is 450mA.

Anthony P

Junktronics said in Discord earlier the heater needs 2.5V constant voltage and the pump diode is 450mA.
That explains why my pre-wired one has 2 driver boards and 4 wires to diode. One board is adjustable voltage buck regulator for heater. I did not research 2nd board, but it looks like a laser diode driver.

I do not. It came pre-wired and pre-adjusted. As this was plenty of power for holography and running conservatively is a good thing, I left well enough alone. In a few months, after hologram project, I might take it apart and tweek it.

I didn't know this was a holography project that would end after you made some holograms. You might want to keep it in case you come across a long coherence length blue and with a 632.8nm HeNe, you might be able to make some full color holograms. It is fairly complex to get everything to line up properly and I have never attempted it before, but it is possible.

That reminds me of a hologram I saw in the 1990s. It was about 18" by 18" and was a forest and and pair of binoculars that extended out from the hologram about 10" You could walk up and look into the binoculars and see a nest in a tree branch with some baby birds in it. I could have ordered a copy for $250, but didn't do it. Wish I had. It was really something to see. I know exactly how it was made too.

Last edited: