Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Powerfull red in easy an' simple host, pics high res included.

Hiya all ppl, I wanted to share some photos of a laser I've construced, and it is not one of those expensive hosts and complicated build.

So, I'm'a post some explanation first, if you want to see it right now just see the pics below.
So, as you may already have noticed before you read this, it is a Duracell flashlight host that is using 2x AA, and it is farly simple to mod it because it is made so it can be dissasembled.

When front end is screwed off, you will se a lamp holder, a lamp in it, a ring that makes contact to a switch, and reflector. (Throw away the front clear plastic, it just gets in the way)

Bulb and it's black holder are removed, and the hole that the bulb was going through is the same one the module is going through (duh!)
But the problem is it is a half mm too narrow, so using a file, I just filed it down so it is exactly narrow to fit module in it.

Aixiz module has AMC 7135 circuit with diode bypassed and added cap at the output for stability and spikes prevention. You will see that the driver (this is why i simply love his one) is positioned in such a way that the battery + is touching centre pad (+ input of the driver) And the outter ring of the driver (- input) is connected to the metal ring, witch is through the switch, - of the battery.

Now ring has to get the middle cut out so it does not get in the way of the module, and because of it, gets loose, cuz there is nothing to hold it. This is (after soldering the driver to it) fixed with a little instant glue.
Same goes with the module: if we want to prevent it from getting pushed forward by the batteries (and securing a contact with the driver) we use a little glue between the module and that reflector hole.

So, as simple as it gets, load 2x AAs and watch the magic happen...

PA044829.jpg

PA044830.jpg

Please disregard mess on my table. :D:D It was freshly finished.

PA044827.jpg

AND NO!! It is not edited ! Just tranfered from camera and uploaded. I know i was suprised too how it came a little weird. Guess i pt wrong ISO sensitivity , along with exposure time.
PA044826.jpg

Also... Not one of pics was edited in any way...
PA044833.jpg

That is reddie next to my green underrated 50 mW with nearly full batts

Any way,
AMC7135 (350 mA)
LCC from 16 x writer
Aixiz module with stock acrylic lens (not tampered with, back NOT opened)

Those matches I mentioned in my bluray thread, the ones that i could not ignite with my PHR at 100mA, pop in less than half a sec with this beast.

Rainin' coherent hell!
Unfortunately, I will only hold onto it for a week, then I will give it to a very close frend of mine to whom i owe a very large favor...
ndrew2505 will know Damir Bedekovic has ordered PHR and caps for me, after they arrived, i said: Here is the money
Damir said: Nah it's ok an all
He also said that for AMC driver i'm using and so on... so I'm gonna return the favor.

However I will be building a lot of those in the future.
Won't even bother looking for new hosts: Very sturdy no loose parts, nice and compact,
only one downside is the thing that the front end screws off, no back end cap or nothing. To change the batteries you have to remove the laser itself. But who cares, battery life time goes over 3 hours!! (duracell ofcourse) Maybe even more.

I hope you liked it!
These are also on sale so if anybody is interesed... you know what PM is.

Last edited:

And yeah, forgot to mention, It has room for a small heatsink in the fron reflector area, however i cannot afford one now.

ReNNo

That is very good build for this amount of money.
I like cheap builds :D

NNOO you've got to keep trying new hosts. thats what makes it fun ;)

try these cheap chinese sites that have 100's of different flashlight for $3.99

some are actually really nice flashlight.

NNOO you've got to keep trying new hosts. thats what makes it fun ;)

try these cheap chinese sites that have 100's of different flashlight for $3.99

some are actually really nice flashlight.
What? Gimme link plz.
I have found very nice hosts for 6.50 at DX. However you see I'm looking to get it as cheaper build as it gets.
No way I'm tearing up 40$ MDXL. And it is consctruction of the host it self that makes it great.
You see mine is just... perfect. Enough room for driver, module fits perfectly, room for heatsink, connections to driver are made flawless... etc.

Jaseth

Looks like a very nice host! The fact that it has an extension tube opens it up for use with a wide variety of lasers. The reviews also say the clickie is reliable and the LED part is easily removed, both important features for a host :) Only trouble is it is currently sold out..

Seb
Precisely. Well I can see why it is sold out.