Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Power Supply for a 15W CO2 Laser?

phenol

the pump i have is rated at 20L/min without any tubing, but the flow rate drops to smth like 4-6 L/min at the exit water port of the co2 tube. other than that it is very quiet. Its faint churning is vastly overpowered by the noisy cooling turbine of the psu.

I've actually ordered a new DC brushless pump and 12v mini SMPS for this laser. I also ordered a nice 11cm heat exchanger to fit a 12v brushless 10.5cm cooling fan I have. In addition I have a nice 100mm-FL 20mm-dia ZnSe focusing lens on the way from Laserlands.net. The pump and smps should arrive in a week, the heat exchanger is on backorder but should be here within two weeks, and the lens could take a month or so.

The only thing I'm missing from this CO2 rig is a nice case. I don't have the means to do any kind of woodworking or real assembly of building materials, but I do have an acryllic case which I made years ago for a bunch of concert flutes (when I was still a musician) that is sitting in my closet. It just has a hinged lid and the 5 sides are not squared or accurately cut (because my local hardware shop can't make a 90deg cut or adhere to 1/8" tolerances to save their lives), but I should be able to fit everything in it. The problem I had initially making it was that it would crack if you tried to drill it, so I had no way to punch holes in it. Now, with the CO2 laser I can finally punch holes in it!

EDIT: To my surprise the SMPS and pump came in the mail today! It is a 500L/hr pump.

Last edited: