Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Power a lasermodule to a 7v transformer

xors

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forum and have looked this question up for a while but failed to find it, so if it's not the first time asked I apologise and request to forward to the corresponding thread.

I'm interested in setting a laser working 24h in a very humid room, and while I know the model I'm gonna use (Quarton vlm-520 – 27 LPT) I couldn't find any adaptor ready to plug to the 2 wires. This laser comes with an integrated driver, so as I understand these wires would be plugged directly to the power. The specs are the following:

specs_laser.JPG

Would I just need then to plug these wires to a 220v to 7v transformer? I'm afraid to burn the laser in my first trial...

Thanks a lot for your guidance!

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
My thought is that you need DC power, not just a transformer. Any well regulated 9 volt wall wart should do.

xors

My thought is that you need DC power, not just a transformer. Any well regulated 9 volt wall wart should do.

So basically any transformer with an output of 9V and 80mA in this case right? And what about the 2-wires connection?

Because I will be installing it in a room with a humidity close to 90%, not sure if conditions remain the same or I should take any special caution (nothing is specified in the laser specs).

Thank you both for your replies, it really helps me a lot!

diachi

Because I will be installing it in a room with a humidity close to 90%, not sure if conditions remain the same or I should take any special caution (nothing is specified in the laser specs).

Think he was asking why you need to run a laser for 24 hours in a very humid room. What are you using it for?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
"And what about the 2-wires connection?"
Positive and negative. Do not get them hooked up backwards.