Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Powdered alcohol

^ I suspect what is legal in The Netherlands, would have a tough time in the U.S. , but who knows.

Oh I'm sure you're right; looks like the US government has already said that it's regulated and taxable - I just want to see somebody challenge that ;)

I have no doubt that either the government would win or change the law, more than anything I'd like to see the tactics and arguments used.

Benm

I live in the netherlands, and i've seen something about this a couple of years ago. Afaik the product never hit the market though, probably because it was expected to be more expensive than just buying the drink with the alcohol taxed.

The taxes on beer and wine are relatively low anyway: On a case of 24 300ml bottles, the total alcohol tax is about 2.5 euro's. There also 19% VAT on it, but that would be on the powder too. On a bottle of wine its about 50 cents in alcohol tax.

Hard liquor is taxed much higher, but you couldnt produce that from a powder and water. The duty on that is in the order of 6-7 euros a bottle, so thats worth avoiding ;)