Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your Telescope

Oh, Okay. I didn't know you got it in a flea market. It could be a compilation of many unrelated parts to make it look the way it does in the photograph. I suspect since you are able to go over it, you should be able to ascertain if it is original, or just put together.

RB - Holy-cannoli, those are great!! Moar Pics Please!! That's some killer hardware - I'm very impressed.

Alaskan - that $200 guy looks very interesting, TY for sharing!

From the way you describe that scope, it sounds like you leave it up there. Are you able to lock it up when you aren't around? Sounds like moving it would take an expedition.

It's perminantly mounted to a concreate slab.

It has a roll off shed. Kinda like a garage. Has a roller door on one end.

Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that. I expect you needed permission to put it up there too. Must be very nice with such a large mirror. :yh:

Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that. I expect you needed permission to put it up there too. Must be very nice with such a large mirror. :yh:

It's part of the Linden Observatory. The Club has permisson to use it. In return the club looks after the grounds.

There is an old scope that no longer works and a few workshops on the site. It was owned by a Lens maker back from the war days. He has been gone a while now. He ground lenses for the Army etc. He was an Astronomy hobbyist and made the mirrors for his large scope. He was known world wide for grinding quality lenses for the millatery. Because of his fame it was made a Heritage site after he passed.

Linden Observatory

Last edited:
That's interesting. I really don't know much about Australia except for the things most people know. Since the Hubble telescope went up and got repaired, most of the astral photos one sees these days come from it as opposed to the many mountain top observatories all over the world.

RB - Holy-cannoli, those are great!! Moar Pics Please!! That's some killer hardware - I'm very impressed.

Thank you Lew for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Here's a few that you may have missed from past posts I've made.

NGC 2070 - The Tarantula Nebula.
DSLRs on TOA130, ISO 400, 2 hour total exposure time.

tarantula-LPF.jpg

The Horsehead and Flame Nebula.
DSLR on TOA130, ISO 800, 3 Hour total exposure.
hh--lpf.jpg

Encap

Thank you Lew for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Here's a few that you may have missed from past posts I've made.

Wow RB--those are a couple of award winners---really beautiful very detailed photos.
Outstanding great shots --- a result of Takahashi hand built quality. The level of clarity is amazing. :gj: :kewlpics:

:thanks: for posting them once again.

Last edited:
I remember seeing the Horsehead and Flame nebula before, but not so sure about the Tarantula nebula. I likely saw them both. They are great examples of your astral photography. Can't rep you again right now, but I won't forget you. :D

Wow! Fantastic shots! I have made a few with my 400 mm Canon lens- but I don't have a tracker.

Attachments

• _MG_5052moon.jpg
    _MG_5052moon.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8