Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possibly a GREAT 1/2 AA Sized Battery!

Rhith

I'm over at school right now working on a computer and we pulled out a battery from an old eMac because it was acting odd and I looked up the battery to see how much a replacement was. Turns out it was less then $10!
But enough of that, that's the boring stuff. This battery is about half of the size of a AA battery, rated and 3.6V and 1.20Ah! It's a Saft Lithium LS 14250 C. These would be great for use with your own drivers considering you could probably put one where normally one AA would go giving you about 7.2V! Just thought I would share my discovery with everyone.

http://www.atbatt.com/product/6736.asp

http://www.saftbatteries.com/130-Catalogue/PDF/LS_14250_C.pdf

awesome battery, but dang $10 each plus shipping? not for me thanks :( i'm a fan of things that use normal batteries

MarioMaster said:
awesome battery, but dang $10 each plus shipping? not for me thanks :( i'm a fan of things that use normal batteries

As am I, but every once in a while I find it's worth is for the space savings.

XGUY

a_pyro_is said:
Good find, just don't try to recharge it. ;) KaBoom

hmm, i thought these were rechargeable... too bad :-/

still a good find

XGUY said:
[quote author=a_pyro_is link=1197572785/0#1 date=1197572945]Good find, just don't try to recharge it.  ;) KaBoom

hmm, i thought these were rechargeable... too bad  :-/

still a good find[/quote]

Yeah I saw these and others at my local electronics supply store, as well as holders for them. But they aren't rechargable, and they aren't cheap. I think they are designed to power up a computer CMOS/BIOS and basically die with the computers end of life.

Rhith

Yeah I didn't have too much time to look into them but I figured they were rechargeable because it was in an old computer, was rated for 3.6V and still showed 3.65V on a multimeter. Maybe if you could find a rechargeable version it would be great! ;D