Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible way to turn a 200mw to a 99999MW laser in

roarg

Re: Possible way to turn a 200mw to a 99999MW lase

lol holy shiet you guys are smart

If you can build me one, .then your smart! ;)... I'll even pay for it!... I'll write a check!... LOL!

Only problem is that the diode lasers can't be Q switched - how would you put a variable Q function into the diode's active medium? And, if you did, how would you help the diode to dela with the megapulse without COD?

:)

Yep, my brains officialy hurting after reading all this again ;D

That does kill a diode laser very easily, never let it shine back on it, it doesnt work out so good it just goes poof.

..lazer.. ;D ;D ;D

Krutz

nice thread, interesting read!
yes, we need some alternative way to produce power, the dark side of the moon has been dark just too long!
i like the calculation of the power and pulselength depending on "pump"-time!

one thing i learned is, that when you have an optical path, lenses, mirrors, whatever, with linear things in it only (no frequency-doubling for example), everything is reversable. shine a parallel beam into a lens, get a widening beam. shine a "widening beam" into that lens, get a parallel beam on the other side. thats how you can easily find reasons why you cant (easily) combine laserbeams to a small and powerful monsterbeam.

now to some other interesting idea:
there are materials with *really* slow lightspeed in it.
that means: in vacuum, lightspeed is c. in any real medium, light travels slower, and differently, depending on optical density and other stuff. same with sound, it travels in water quicker than in air, for example.
they built a material with lightspeed being in the order of inches per second! means, you shine light in it, and it gets out after some seconds on the other end. theoretically, anyway.
you can built a window from it where you see the sun in nighttime and vice versa, how about one wall with normal windows, one wall with that strange stuff? 24 hours sunlight!
or, you pump a rod of that stuff with a gigawatt cw laser, and lay that small stick into a room with unsuspecting people.. surprise! or what would happen if you have such a charged "laser-capacitor", and smash it?

most of that stuff wont work, i am sure, for some reason. but the material does exist, i may find it if you ask!

and yes, i believe that the only limitation is ones imagination!

manuel

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thre was a group getting light to move with about 17meters per second (that was when I read it).
Still, the single photons still flew with c (2.99e8m/s), what made it slower (the way I understood it) was that they had some kind of crystals with little cavities that just reflected the light without loss and thus passed it on very slowly.

"Light bomb", sure sound interesting, butvI do thinkt the main limiting factor is the fact that this thing has amaximum energy density, thus you probably can't shine a 10GW laser into it for an hour and have it as a flashlight lasting hundred years or the like.