Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible Dangers of Blue and Violet Lasers?

I don't appreciate the hatefulness. I had a legitimate question about this. Is it really that far-fetched to think a multimode 405nm diode could emit 400nm? Again, I asked this question because I did not know the answer.

Last edited:

do a little research on "blue light hazard". potential issues start well above the uv threshold.

I'm waiting for a sock attack if this guy gets miffed, but right now I think he is building reps in preparation for it. CrazLaser, forgive me, but so far I have thought you might actually be one of this guys puppets, I mean, if he is going to choose a persona here, a high school student etc. is perfect, easier to feel for them if they are not treated right. It's just the name you choose, too close to CrazyJay, there are other new members here who also make me wonder, Jhop, might also be completely innocent of such but "J" hop reminds me of Crazy Jay hoping around with different member names. OK, I said it, I won't reference that again with you two guys, but anymore I don't take anything for granted in forums, not until I have seen more verified interactions. It is sad a guy has so much time on his hands to play games, that his world revolves around righting the wrong he believes happened to him in the forum, but I understand, if you don't have a life outside of the internet, that is where you go, whether positive or negative interactions, it is still some kind of interaction with people.

I too have put too much time into hanging around this forum, should probably cool it and concentrate on real life more.

You're not the only one - I often get these "inklings" about certain member sometimes years before they're sussed by admin and it turns out I'm very often right - alarm bells are usually set when someone "new" to the forum suddenly seems overly familiar...

I don't appreciate the hatefulness. I had a legitimate question about this. Is it really that far-fetched to think a multimode 405nm diode could emit 400nm? Again, I asked this question because I did not know the answer.

This particular info is freely available to anyone through a web search and with a correct keyword search you would have had an answer quickly. For example, you could have googled multi mode diode laser and found out it has nothing to do with multiple wavelengths. Hopefully you've learned a lesson.

Razako

Not sure why these threads always devolve into some kind of witch hunt. It's like that thread on registering a laser as a weapon. Who cares if it's a troll? A simple 'no' answer is all that's needed. If it's a troll then he goes hungry from lack of drama. If it's a legit newb he doesn't get offended. And yes, I do acknowledge the presence of trolls on here. I remember a while back when there would be daily "Oh crap I hit myself in the eye" type threads. Suddenly they've all disappeared and usually the OP never replied back.

Honestly I pity anyone who would actually troll here. I mean it's a dang laser forum that gets maybe 30 posts per day. If I wanted to troll I'd go do it on major political forums that get thousands of posts per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
_405nm_laser_skin_hazard_
Google those words, read, learn, go about your day. According to Google you are not the first person to be concerned on this topic. Many people have discussed this many times. The internet has spoken.

GSS

Come on, we all know the search bar doesn't always give what we are looking for.
Can everyone here say they never did a search that posted a thread that didn't become a witch hunt and argument in itself.
Who knows how Moto learns best? Maby by asking and listening to personal answer's and opinions. Some people have learning issue's that other's don't and maby this forum isn't their lives work. Its a hobby forum.
If it comes to that he's a troll then the mods will deal with it or just ignore it, till then give him a break. This is a fricken shame..

Last edited:
Can an account be deleted? I really want to delete mine now. I joined this to discuss details about lasers and have some of my questions answered. Apparently that is frowned upon here. If I mentioned inaccurate things, sorry. All the information I've procured about lasers has come from the Internet. I will be going to college majoring in physics, so I will be learning a lot about light among many other things soon. You can say what you want about my limited knowledge of this subject, but my knowledge of many other subjects is immense.

Last edited:
Where else did you inquire about your question. Post some links and share what you learned before you asked here. Where you looking for the LPF case study about UV light hazards? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Your first post on this topic sounded like 'I have already asked you once NOW ANSWER ME'
First impressions...this is like making a topic about childhood obesity on a gaming forum. Fair enough.

I've not asked this question until this thread. I only wanted to learn more on this topic.

Last edited:
Not sure why these threads always devolve into some kind of witch hunt. It's like that thread on registering a laser as a weapon. Who cares if it's a troll? A simple 'no' answer is all that's needed. If it's a troll then he goes hungry from lack of drama. If it's a legit newb he doesn't get offended. And yes, I do acknowledge the presence of trolls on here. I remember a while back when there would be daily "Oh crap I hit myself in the eye" type threads. Suddenly they've all disappeared and usually the OP never replied back.

Honestly I pity anyone who would actually troll here. I mean it's a dang laser forum that gets maybe 30 posts per day. If I wanted to troll I'd go do it on major political forums that get thousands of posts per day.

agree what happen to all the kids claiming the got hit in the eye by a laser !!!