Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Positive feedback for dave (daguin) as usual :)

So, I just bought my 4th gas laser from Dave, my first (FINALLY!) Multi-line Argon Ion. (Hey, it only took three tries. I should have gone with Dave in the first place.)

It arrived safely, *damn* quickly, and well packed, and fully operational just like everything else I've received from Dave.

Of course a lot of this goes without saying -- I think Dave has the highest rep on the forum, but, it's well deserved and, by all means, do not worry about buying from the guy. :)

Glad you finally got a working multi-line. Did you ever get any reparations from that last seller that sold you two dead ones?

Heh, no, funny how that works; before the deal was sealed I was even in phone contact with the guy. He was calling me. After things went down, not a word, couldn't contact him, it was like he didn't exist. Learned from that though. Either go with someone with a reputation at stake (someone well known on the forum), or have them put the item up on ebay with a BIN that you can access; that way there's buyer protection.

Guy claimed they were two "known working lasers" and that one was "just weak, the other new" -- both dead of course.

I figure, optimistically, I got an extra power supply out of the deal -- I just overpaid for it. :) Bad deals like that go down in life and its the tuition for an education in being careful.

But, in the end I'm pretty happy with the laser I got from Dave, has a 2005 manufacture date, and very good output, right from the start.

I wish he had a HeCd for sale, because that's my next beast to conquer; and those are even more fragile.

There was a full HeCd set up on eBay a while back, $500 free shipping, bid that won was $500, if I'd known you were looking for one I'd have showed it to you, PSU and everything, 40mW+ with clean mirrors, seller said they were a bit dirty and it was doing about 30mW. If I see another one I'll be sure to let you know. And yeah, Dave's good people. :beer:

Yes, do let me know! But I worry like crazy over shipping HeCd, because of the thin capillaries; wish I could pick one up and transport it myself - but Colorado seems to be a laser black hole, even with the universities here.

But, yes, thanks; off topic but let me know!