Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poorman's version of "The Torch"

D

Deleted member 8382

what about using the sku 771 instead the 9V one?Is it as easyt as using a high voltage bulb to be able tu burn with a flashlight? I can't understand at all

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
what about using the sku 771 instead the 9V one?Is it as easyt as using a high voltage bulb to be able tu burn with a flashlight? I can't understand at all

Yes, sku 771 will work but unless u can find 2 batteries to supply 14v it won't be any more effective.

D

Deleted member 8382

I really dont understand. The 14V bulb i said is suposed to be for a 14v flashlight wich is rated at 150 lumens. This is so far from burning. Then how comes u are burning with a 9V one?

I mean what makes the light boost to burning power?

14V are hard, but you can always use 10 AAA to get 15V :D Well seriously i would manage to make the power but what I cant understand is why have you used the 9V one of there a 14V?!

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
I really dont understand. The 14V bulb i said is suposed to be for a 14v flashlight wich is rated at 150 lumens. This is so far from burning. Then how comes u are burning with a 9V one?

I mean what makes the light boost to burning power?

14V are hard, but you can always use 10 AAA to get 15V :D Well seriously i would manage to make the power but what I cant understand is why have you used the 9V one of there a 14V?!

Ok, hope this helps. Two rcr123 batteries are 4.15v when fully charged, and 2 of them fit in sku 14027, so that is 8.3V of electricity to the 9v bulb. What happens is the little lense focuses the heat and infrared energy produced by the xenon bulb and this focused beam is hot enough to burn stuff thats dark colored, or even burn skin (I did it to myself by accident lol). The 14v bulb won't be any more effective than the 9v bulb unless u can supply more than 8.3v from 2 rcr123 batteries.

Switch

I doubt it focuses the "heat" unless your lens is a ZnSe lens :p

D

Deleted member 8382

oh so its just that lens that focus all the light? and btw, all what's needed at all is a host that can hold that lens, the lens and the bulb, then makewhatever you need to give it 9V or near and you will have a burning flashlight? I just can't belive thats so easy :eek:

Switch said:

Well if focuses the IR and that is basically focusing the heat 2 me lol. It focuses the light similar to a laser and thats why it burns.

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
oh so its just that lens that focus all the light? and btw, all what's needed at all is a host that can hold that lens, the lens and the bulb, then makewhatever you need to give it 9V or near and you will have a burning flashlight? I just can't belive thats so easy  :eek:

Yep, the lens, host, and bulb drop-in combined with 2 rcr123 batteries and your all set to go.

D

Deleted member 8382

snowlover91 said:
[quote author=--Hallucynogenyc-- link=1230332341/32#38 date=1234309740]oh so its just that lens that focus all the light? and btw, all what's needed at all is a host that can hold that lens, the lens and the bulb, then makewhatever you need to give it 9V or near and you will have a burning flashlight? I just can't belive thats so easy  :eek:

Yep, the lens, host, and bulb drop-in combined with 2 rcr123 batteries and your all set to go.[/quote]

I just can't understand how dealextrem isn't alredy selling units doing that if its that easy. it would be a top seller. "burning flashlight" It sounds so good to be true :D

Switch

I think most people use their flashlights for illumination. ;D Besides, if you wanna burn with light, lasers are the way ::)

D

Deleted member 8382

Switch said:
I think most people use their flashlights for illumination. ;D Besides, if you wanna burn with light, lasers are the way  ::)

It's not that I'm gona substitue lasers for flashlights ;)

I just can't understand how something that amazing isn't manufactured yet.

(Imagine using a magnifing glass to focus all the light from that. Your would burn the floor? xd

Switch

I just can't understand how something that amazing isn't manufactured yet

Well gee.... http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.686 ::)

(Imagine using a magnifing glass to focus all the light from that. Your would burn the floor? xd

Don't worry it doesn't work like that.Sunlight has very good divergence because of the huge distance, so you can focus it to a tiny spot.Trying this with a flashlight would give you a big ugly projection of the bulb fillament. :p

Benm

Switch said:

Most of the energy produced by lightbulbs is in the near IR. Crown glass like BK7 works well to wavelengths over 2000 nm, and should have no problem focussing most of the energy emitted. The focal point is slightly off compared to visible light, but in an application this crude it doesnt matter.

I just can't understand how something that amazing isn't manufactured yet.

Perhaps its also a liability thing - setting your customers pants on fire if the light accidentily turns on in their pocket could make a nasty lawsuit ;p

Got all the parts, built it. Nothing exciting. You have to be like 1/2 inch to burn anything. Not bright at all. But you do get a burning flashlight i guess? just like it says :D

tone1132 said:
Got all the parts, built it. Nothing exciting. You have to be like 1/2 inch to burn anything. Not bright at all. But you do get a burning flashlight i guess? just like it says :D

Yep if u shine the flashlight in a really foggy room its cool because you can see where the beam "focuses" and then splits again about half an inch from the flashlight. Its nothing like a laser but its still cool! Burns skin too, good for pranks! My friends didn't believe it would do anything so I said try it. Well they did and they learned a good lesson. ;)