Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Polarity of laser pointer plug?

Greetings all,

I bought this 405nm 50mw laser pointer to cure UV resins. It comes with a CC/CV driver board built in and wire/plug. I want to connect this to a 5V power bank, but I'm hesitant because I don't know the polarity of the plug. Is the center pin (+) or is it (-)? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• LPF pic.jpeg
    LPF pic.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4

Dusty_Lenses

Greetings all,

I bought this 405nm 50mw laser pointer to cure UV resins. It comes with a CC/CV driver board built in and wire/plug. I want to connect this to a 5V power bank, but I'm hesitant because I don't know the polarity of the plug. Is the center pin (+) or is it (-)? Thanks for your help.
If it uses a standard adapter the center pin should be the positive. It is 99.999% of the times. Just watch the voltage and dont exceed whatever the original was.

OK. as a followup question for my laser... I have seen a female plug adapter to plug into my laser's plug and on the opposite end of the adapter was a female USB-A. I need the same type of adapter but USB-A male so I can plug it into my power bank for power. What do you call this and where do I buy one? I have no clue. Thanks again.

" 5.5mm to USB "

" WALL WART "
3rd or 4th down is a 5V 2A