Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help xbox question

So the other day my xbox got the E74 error and I did the towel trick ( I know this isnt good for it but i did what I did) after I did that it worked until I reconnected my hard drive. So then I took it completly apart and did stuff do it and when I powered on it worked but then again right when I connected the hard drive I got the error again. So why does reconnecting the hard drive after I fix it cause the error again.

Now please post only if you are honestly going to help me. I notice alot of flaming going on.

Trevor

E74: I/O Hardware Error - HSIO related, could be crc error, or many things: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. Microsoft covers this error under their 3-year warranty, this is availble to anyone who hasn't modified their console. contact MS to get a free replacement console before attempting to fix this yourself. Failing that this error In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)

Seems like the hard drive might have been the problem in the first place... :rolleyes:

-Trevor

Fenzir

Could be a pin error. If any the pins are messed up, that could set you down.

LaZeRz

Try getting a friends harddrive and connecting it. If the error stops coming up then your harddrives messed up

Try getting a friends harddrive and connecting it. If the error stops coming up then your harddrives messed up

thanks, i bought the hard drive on ebay and when I revived it its not a real microsoft hardrive.