Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Please Help With 11W DIY Small Spot Distance Lens Advice 🤦‍♂️🙏

Nigel

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to figure out this lens thing. I want to turn my 11W laser cutter into a distance laser. It would be nice if it was adjustable, but I’ll take what I can get because I’ve been trying to learn about lenses and there’s just too many out there and too many different sizes. I figure somebody on here would know or has done this before. Any advice and links to buy and explanations would be much appreciated! I built this nice remote controlled power box so all I need is a lens. I’ll include pictures of what the dot looks like now and some measurements. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1132.png
    IMG_1132.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image0.png
    image0.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 4

I'm not sure about that mount for the lens, but I would try a blue AR coated 3 element lens for the best beam divergence. You need to somehow mount it so it can be screwed in and out to get close to the diode. Not sure if that len mount will work for that or not.

I'm not sure about that mount for the lens, but I would try a blue AR coated 3 element lens for the best beam divergence. You need to somehow mount it so it can be screwed in and out to get close to the diode. Not sure if that len mount will work for that or not.
Thanks for the reply. Right now there are two lenses in that brass piece And they are both flat. I would think adding an atmospherical AR coated three element lens as the second lens may work. Is there a company out there that is super knowledgeable about lasers and lenses and could look at the pictures and know exactly what to do? I can’t be the first person to turn a laser cutter into a laser pointer.

Back