Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help me with my 200mw red laser !

Hi all , I received my 200mw red laser.
Unfortunaltely I done a mistake , and I have insert the battery reversed (I mean the + and -). I turned on , but of course nothing.
So I have inserted them correctly. I turned on again , but the point is very very little and not bright , It's like a toy.
And It's not a scam , because It's a website wich seller verified laser , and I have bought other very good laser from this store.
Do you think I have the problem because I done the mistake to reverse batteries ?

P.S : Some people says the laser burns If battery are reversed , my laser hasn't burned , for lucky !

The link of the laser is : 200mW 650nm Adjust Focus & Waterproof Red Laser Pointer - (Battery Excluded)-True Power Guaranteed China Wholesale - Everbuying.com

Thanks !

Fenzir

What ya did there is reversed the polarization on it. Chances are it's gone. I haven't seen much about this website, but it does have some low prices.

What ya did there is reversed the polarization on it. Chances are it's gone. I haven't seen much about this website, but it does have some low prices.
So you mean It's gone because of I have reversed the polarization ?
Sorry for my bad English

Well there is a couple things you can do to fix this.

You might have got lucky and only killed 1 of the 2 parts by inserting the batteries in wrong.

Some laser come with Reverse protection witch obviously this laser dint because it no longer works.

So either the driver or the diode died or both.

Since You have no working laser and wont lose much in taking it apart to try to fix it.

However if your skill level is not high enough and your are not familiar with fixing laser it will be quit difficult to do.

If you feel that you know electronics enough to fix it then i can help you fix it. But its probably going to coast you close to what you paid for it.

Or you can send it to a member that is near your location to save on shipping to fix the laser for you. Where are you located at.?

It is your call.

Let me know what you want to do and i will go from there.

Last edited:
Well there is a couple things you can do to fix this.

You might have got lucky and only killed 1 of the 2 parts by inserting the batteries in wrong.

Some laser come with Reverse protection witch obviously this laser dint because it no longer works.

So either the driver or the diode died or both.

Since You have no working laser and wont lose much in taking it apart to try to fix it.

However if your skill level is not high enough and your are not familiar with fixing laser it will be quit difficult to do.

If you feel that you know electronics enough to fix it then i can help you fix it. But its probably going to coast you close to what you paid for it.

Or you can send it to a member that is near your location to save on shipping to fix the laser for you. Where are you located at.?

It is your call.

Let me know what you want to do and i will go from there.
Hmm... I don't have any experience of fixing lasers... I don't think I can fix the laser.
Anyway thank you for your great explaination !

It's not necessarily that it has gone.

Try to change the batteries or try to recharge them, then do it again.

It says its does not come with a battery. Are you using the right battery?