Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help me select a laser

Ok, im going to write a short story, so buckle up.

About 2 years ago i blew 300 dollars on a wicked laser. it was 75mw (the pheonix i believe?) well yeah everyone get mad and throw rocks at me for buying from them....but im happy to inform you i returned it, because i recieved it scratched....it sucked (too small, bad handling, batteries lasted like...10 mins?) anyways point being, im not going back.

Im looking for a laser that i can use and impress others with, but NOT be super strong because the 75 that i used from WL was giving me headaches after like 2 mins of using it....just kinda messin around and shining it in corners....maybe 15 feet away? I think you get the idea of what i want....now i have some questions

O-like lasers:
Why are they cheap?
whats the difference between an 80 dollar 100mw and a 500 dollar mw?
are blue/violet lasers cool? i saw one on O-like for 50 bucks...
I want to keep it under 80 dollars.....please help me pick out a durable (i dont need like....super heavy duty, i just dont want something made of tin foil)
I'd prefer a green laser, although im interested in the blue/violet.....give me some feedback if anyone has some personal experience with them...are they "dim" and hard to see at night?
Thank you for ALL the help and this forum is really sick.....Pretty much PERFECT for what ive been looking for...

Thanks again

well DX-KD o-like rayfus-ect ect ect are pretty good reasonably priced
better quality would be Nova-laserglow-Cni-Dragon and Wicked yes wicked
my first pen I bought is over a year and a half putting out 10 mw over spec for me
but 80 will only get you so far just read the review sections please

I bought an fopcal price blue for 40 bucks pretty nice
but for real power get a 6x or phr-803-t i have made all my kids at lest two lasers each
LASERS are manditory in my house PERIOD .......................................................

Last edited: