Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help a laser noob

hello, i just got my hlp18130 form BudgetGagets.com and i dicided to go and get cap gum caps and pop then, but on the 1st cap it pop and send crap(idk what it is) on to the focusing lense and i have not tried to clean for the fact that i do not want to mess it up.

can you guy help me with the problem.

Thank,
ZackTman

If i understand correctly, a cap exploded and shot hot gasses at your lens. If it's a plastic lens, it may be permanently damaged. If it's a glass lens, a little rubbing alcohol and a q-tip will clean it up.

Sean19

I usually clean my lenses by taking some of the fuzz off of a q-tip so you don't have a huge glob of cotton,lightly dab it in lens cleaner and then wipe the lens clean.
I have popped caps before,I hope you are using some laser goggles or something to protect your eyes because that stuff fly's everywhere.
Sean

well idk if it is plastic or not, it's a hlp18130 200mW 660 nm, does anyone have it, and is it a plastic lense

Lesson learned the hard way is the best learnt lesson.

Don't burn stuff from closer than 10 cm or more maybe, you just risk ruining the lens.

Use a q-tip and alcohol, higher percentage the better.
Dip one end of q-tip into alcohol, swipe GENTLY across the lens, don't press to hard or you'll scratch the lens with cotton.
Next, turn the tip around and try to pick up as much alcohol as you can with the dry end, leave as less as possible to dry out.

Don't fire up your laser until at least 2 minutes, to make sure lens are dry, otherwise the leftover crap burns on the lens and you have to clean it all over again.

Be more careful next time!
:beer:

lol, i already ordered another one, i was going to order another one anyways now i have a reason :), and i will just use the messed up one to burn and the new one for long distance burning like ten feet.

Thanks for the help,
Zackary P.

lol, i already ordered another one, i was going to order another one anyways now i have a reason :), and i will just use the messed up one to burn and the new one for long distance burning like ten feet.

Thanks for the help,
Zackary P.
If you order a new car just because your winshield got dirty, you ain't exactly doing much good, you know.
One should be able to at least perform some maintanance of his lasers.

I don't think he should even be playing with lasers judging by his posts.

Trevor

Do not use a Q-tip on a lens! EVER!

They often have particles and other grit that will scratch lenses, even though it feels soft to the touch. Use lens paper or a lens pen micro, just not a Q-tip. You will damage your lens.

-Trevor

Razako

Use a Microfiber cloth to clean lasers. The kind used for eyeglasses and plasma tv screens.

Do not use a Q-tip on a lens! EVER!

They often have particles and other grit that will scratch lenses, even though it feels soft to the touch. Use lens paper or a lens pen micro, just not a Q-tip. You will damage your lens.

-Trevor
I used a lot of q-tips to clean a lot of lenses, both plastic and lens alike.
You only use q-tip to apply cleaning agent ant pick it up, not rub it into a lens.
Works good when you don't have anything else, like me :p

first off i just burn't a cap ,and second if you break the wind sheld on that car you buy a new one :), therd off i an aload to mess with lasers

"therd off i an aload to mess with lasers"

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Last edited:

Morgan

"therd off i an aload to mess with lasers"

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

No matter how funny you think the previous post is, you have little reason to post anything at all. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Another useless post!

M
:)

I apologize for the previous remarks. hahaha :p I meant to say "third." oh well, I couldn't find a new lens for that laser, but I kept it. I an now looking into building a Labby looking 445nm laser in a project box, with fans :D Its going to be pretty elaborate ^.^