Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pleae help!

****, I just dropped my Arctic II blue laser from biglasers. Now it rattles and don't work. I really need to know what to do. Is there any way I can open it to see what is wrong. I can't believe this happend. ****!

Edited for the use of the F word TIMELORD

that sucks, i'm sorry. How much did that thing cost??? I'm not sure, if it's still under warranty, i'd return it because if you open it up you void warranty :( :( :( :(

K

kingzilla

Wow, that REALLY sucks! :'( From what I remember those things cost close to $2000..... :'( All I can say is send it back, don't open it or anything! And whatever you do; DON'T tell them that you dropped it!

Insert Name Here said:
Wow, that REALLY sucks! :'( From what I remember those things cost close to $2000..... :'( All I can say is send it back, don't open it or anything! And whatever you do; DON'T tell them that you dropped it!

100% correct, that's what I would do

laaaaaser said:
****, I just dropped my Arctic II blue laser from biglasers. Now it rattles and don't work. I really need to know what to do. Is there any way I can open it to see what is wrong. I can't believe this happend. ****!

Edited for the use of the F word TIMELORD

Send it back and see what it'll cost to fix it.

You might get by by playing dumb about the cause of the failure with someone selling ebayser lasers on Ebay, but those of us in the real laser business can tell if our lasers were damaged by miss use or dropping it; we're not stupid we deal with these things everyday. Being honest about what happened will go far towards a much less expensive repair bill. If you feed the guy a story, he'll find out as soon as he opens it and then he'll be angry for your trying to scam him out of a free repair and may charge you much more or not repair it at all.

The usual cost I charge for a repair an RPL or RPL-Blue is ~$100-$120 as I don't profit on the repair of a laser I've sold. Water damage could be much more, but that isn't the case here.

Good luck and hopefully they can take care of you.
If not, consider an RPL-Blue. Our 20mW is just over $1000 and they typically output 25-30mW average.

K

kingzilla

Normally I would agree with you, but I dropped a 5mw green from onpointlasers.com, it fell and smashed, so I sent it back with some made up story about what happened, they just sent me a new one. Maybe I just got lucky... :cool:

EDIT: I have done that with a plasma globe that I abused too, I shocked it with tesla coil and it imploded, so I just took it back to radioshack and said that it must have malfunctioned... ;D

Okay, I really screwed up now, I treid to open it like someone said, and now it is really damaged. I was trying to open it and the diode ripped off the board and when I was soldering it back on I got solder all over the cicuit. Now the case is all scuffed and bent, as I had to use a crowbar to get in. I think I will just send it back and see what they an do.

bad idea, the warranty is definetly void now that you've opened it, maybe they'll fix it for some cash, which is better than spending 2000 to get a new one. :(

K

kingzilla

laaaaaser said:
Okay, I really screwed up now, I treid to open it like someone said, and now it is really damaged. I was trying to open it and the diode ripped off the board and when I was soldering it back on I got solder all over the cicuit. Now the case is all scuffed and bent, as I had to use a crowbar to get in. I think I will just send it back and see what they an do.

Seriously, why would you do that? Use a crowbar to open it??!! I am sorry to say that if you do something like that, then seriously what do you expect to happen. What a waste of such a cool and expensive laser. :(

S

SenKat

laaaaaser said:

I have offered to take a look at it - what are your plans ?