Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Playing with my new 40W laser

The distilled water will do..the water here is very hard and will cause headaches. I just wantedthe green dye in it to add visual effects when itis running...Ill just add food coloring to it. and backlight the reservours

ethylene glycol has a much lower thermal conductivity than water anyways (water is ~3x better).

Measuring the conductivity of liquids is practically useless, because they mix with themselves through convection or other means such as pumping. Water is 0.6 while aluminum is several hundred, yet we know water is excellent for cooling things.

The figure you want is specific heat. The specific heat of antifreeze is about half that of water. The advantage is that it is a corrosion inhibitor and is less volatile.

Ill stick with distilled. if i want water. that answers the question. ifi want more cooling. ill run a wormm through a bucket of ice

I really need to learn exactly how these things work. Not that I could exactly want this 40W one, but may get a small HeNe. (<5mW)

Go to Sams Laser faq's or wickipedia and look up lazer then junp to the type you are interested: gas. diode or solid crysral

...or wickipedia and look up lazer...
solid crysral

KR0rK.gif

Last edited:
Ha ha i got my 60 watt to burn into marble andd lots of other stuff. It turns into a fire breathing dragon with the help of a small co2 lens

Things

I'd seriously avoid plastics unless you've got some really good ventilation in place, for the time being. Especially plastics like ABS (Gives off hydrogen cyanide), PVC (Gives off chlorine gas) and teflon (Nasty fluorocarbons). Just a tip.