Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Playing with laser glow board and mirrors

I had some fun playing with my home made glowboard, I used a 405nm bluray laser and a genuine yobresal tiny 5-mode 500mw 445nm blue laser. Also did some laser effects:D

IMG_0156.jpg

See me trollin' * lol^^

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Last edited:

ya video doesnt seem to embed, but where did you get that board from? Or is it just Gitd paint? And nice video! By the way doesnt look like you have glasses on, that is really bad especially for the 445nm picture with all those mirrors, please get some and wear them before you permanently damage your eyesight. Im sorry if you are wearing them and I just cant see them :p.

Last edited:
ya video doesnt seem to embed, but where did you get that board from? Or is it just Gitd paint? And nice video! By the way doesnt look like you have glasses on, that is really bad especially for the 445nm picture with all those mirrors, please get some and wear them before you permanently damage your eyesight. Im sorry if you are wearing them and I just cant see them :p.

OK so Thanks for the information, I got the embedded to work thank you once a again!

Haloid95 I have Eagle Pair safety glasses on, but what happened was once I felt like i was in a "Safe" spot to take the glasses and put them on my head I did that to take the picture. thanks for ur concern tho:wave:

This is my favourite property of 405nm lasers. I found that some fire extinguisher signs are glow-in-the-dark so at cinemas I always scribble all over them just before leaving. Then one time on my way home from school I found one of the signs on the floor. So I picked it up and I still have it, as a glow board for drawing on. I find 445nm lasers don't have the same joy though. It's fun when you take out the lens (I pull the lens out of my Eudaimonium beast and then point it at Chez's ceiling and it excites all the glow-in-the-dark stars simultaneously) and then use it to cover a large area, but I don't know... the brightness of the laser compared to the comparitive dimness of the phosphorescent glow seems to ruin it.

That said, I love the yobresal laser. I didn't know he did a 5-mode and I've been wanting a pulsed laser for a while... I'm researching it now :p

OK so Thanks for the information, I got the embedded to work thank you once a again!

Haloid95 I have Eagle Pair safety glasses on, but what happened was once I felt like i was in a "Safe" spot to take the glasses and put them on my head I did that to take the picture. thanks for ur concern tho:wave:

Oh ok just making sure :). Where did you get your glow board or is that just Gitd paint on paper?

Oh ok just making sure :). Where did you get your glow board or is that just Gitd paint on paper?

Like I stated in the OP I made the glow boards with GITD paint straight out of wal mart, im sure there are a lot higher quality paints i could have used, but this works for me as you can see in the video.

it really is fun just getting bored one day at night and playing with it with my gf she loves it .. infact everyone i have showed was amazed

Like I stated in the OP I made the glow boards with GITD paint straight out of wal mart, im sure there are a lot higher quality paints i could have used, but this works for me as you can see in the video.

it really is fun just getting bored one day at night and playing with it with my gf she loves it .. infact everyone i have showed was amazed

Oh Ok. Im gonna have to stop by Walmart today :)

+1 for the nice pictures and video!

"playing with it with my gf she loves it ."

So will you elaborate on that a little ????
My mind is racing with the thoughts of a laser, a GF and a GITD surface that "records" shadows...but maybe I should be keeping that to myself. (I think that's my problem ! Keeping it too much to myself...)
:eg:

My mind is racing with the thoughts of a laser, a GF and a GITD surface that "records" shadows...but maybe I should be keeping that to myself. (I think that's my problem ! Keeping it too much to myself...)

We just use my laser to shine it across my room at the glow board and anything else that reacts to the light.

I lol'd. :crackup:

And very nice pics and vid, it never occurred to me to use the paint on something other than a wall. :)

They sell glow-in-the-dark body paint at our supermarkets every halloween. We have a whole bunch of tubes - if anyone's interested in combining BluRay and girlfriend. Low powers only! :p