Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Plastic Pumpkin Laser Glow

Forgot to mention I took a axix housing and srewed it into the laser sor a can adjust it's focus.
The laser mod inside the alum is copper Newwish without the beamsplitter, It mode hoped once but I adjusted the focus then it's been tem00.
It was factory set to 233mA then I got b**&s and cranked it up to 466mA.
There is no voltage ref so voltage changes current. suprise!!
I bybassed 2 diodes in its front end, but the 555 delays output on power-up still. It says it need 5v. I fixed it to use 4-3.3 volts.(if you can't modify your not a pro)

Lit my big cigar. ;D

Shine on :cool:

Ace82

Laserrod said:
Laser 10,YVO and 2,YVO 2mm 2,YVO .5mm & 2,YAG for BiBO to 473nm. The crystals are sticking to a plastic membrane inside the 2, clear plasic containers . Saw a ebay pic and I thought the crystal had square defects. Didn't figure each little square was a laser!!

Set of 2W 808 c-mount diodes screwed down saftly on a steel plate anodized with that Jap. gold stuff you see on Jap cars.
They are colomated diodes so the output has a pyrimid shaped emission.

Been putting off this display of my treasures too long; sorry for being so unprofessional.

Cheers

Wait...you're going to build a blue DPSS? :eek:

nice pics btw

I'm highjacking my own thread HaHA it's mine all mine. More goodies, for fun!

Notice the 90 degree pick tool. You got to get one, it's a must for our hobby of improvision!!!

Ok now this thread is too wideband, time for me to stop.

Trick or treat.

You've had enough eye candy.

diachi

Laserrod said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1224130077/0#5 date=1224158822][quote author=Laserrod link=1224130077/0#0 date=1224130077]I blasted the plastic pumpkin next door with 150mW from my DX labby (I got a champ) and that thing lit up beond my expectations!

That's fluorescent transformation. COOL

Happy Halloween to all globalist.

Good way to make a Great Pumpkin. (Linus of Charlie Brown comes to mind)

;D

You must have some pretty darn good crystals + alignment in that thing ! If the diode is running at 500mW ( thats what it's rated for I believe ) then thats bang smack on 30% efficiency !

Guessing it's the 35mW module you have ?

-Adam[/quote]

It's a DX 50/100mw turned up to 466mA.

Update:
plastic pumpkin was replaced by a bigger inflatable that does'nt glow/floresc.
I will hunt for another PP target for photo

[smiley=evil.gif]

[/quote]

I'm getting one of them for my scanner, FO SHO !

Ace82, et al,

Ya, I got to finish the allingment jig to set the crystals, optics TEC cooling in a alum sealed head.

2, YVO4 crystals are mirrored f&b to get 1064nm beam. should make a 1W TEM00 beam easy.

I'm mounting all crystals on Indium foil against copper on the TEC plate.

Hope they are not junk!