Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pioneer DVR112 laser diode voltage/current specs

Stone

Re: Pioneer DVR112 laser diode voltage/current spe

I had a look at the DX SKU 1885 boards I have, which are 1050mA drivers using three AMC 7135 regs. The boards actually have links on two of the regs so you can disconnect them, so I desoldered the links and tested the board. I used a new Pioneer DVR112 laser diode for the test. I didn't measure the input current on this board as previous tests with these boards and LED's show that the input current is equal to the output current.

It looks like it would work perfectly with a single li-ion battery :)

These are the results below.

Attachments

• SKU1885.GIF
    SKU1885.GIF
    4.8 KB · Views: 693

Gazoo

Wow! Thanks Stone! These results were almost exactly what I was hoping for. The regulation is almost perfect until it drops out. I was hoping it would hold up better around the 3 volt range, but all things considered I like the test results very much.

A single li-ion battery would be perfect, and this would be very easy on the battery too. Or three nimh batteries would work very well also. Did you notice if the regulator heated up much? Thanks again... :)

Stone

I only touched the board at 5v to see if it was hot but it was barely warm. I know that if you take them higher(voltage) they do get hot though.

Gazoo

Yeah, I just read that on the DX site, but there is no need to go over 5 volts. This opens up all kinds of new possibilities...for example the Dorcy metal gear would be a perfect host for this since it uses 3 AAA batteries.

Chimo said we could cut current to make this work with the GB diodes by adding a resistor in parallel with the diode. Granted it wouldn't be as efficient, but since the 7135's are easy to get I am going to try it when I get mine from Ken.

thank you for these charts and diagnosis and torture of your poor little diode!