Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pictures of my Greenie - Few more beam shots added

K

kingzilla

Re: Pictures of my Greenie - Few more beam shots a

Well, that conclude it, best pics of a green beam I have ever seen! :) I only wish I could afford a camera like that. Could you tell us how much it cost? ;)

I recently got a Minolta STSi Maxxum film camera 35mm lense. So if I can get good at taking pics with it, i'll just scan them into my computer and upload them on here.

oh yea side note i finally got enough cash to buy the x-series 125mw from nova!!
now I just have to wait for them to get back in stock!

Thanks again Mr Moderator.

Photography is something i have been trying to turn into a living the past year, and i work mainly on motorsports, taking pictures of cars at drag strips, race tracks, and static stuff, so it is quite an expensive camera.

Its a Canon 5D and from Amazon.com it is listed at $3,474.99 with the lens i was using tonight.

Hope this information helps :)

K

kingzilla

Biffter said:
......it is listed at $3,474.99 with the lens i was using tonight....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow, crap, I couldn't even dream of a camera like that! Thats more than a Herc 400! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll just have to stick to the cheap camera on my MP3 player... ;)

Kenom

WWWFFFF. Hoboy. I want a nice camera but not if it's costs that much!! there has to be a good camera with that kind of power for around $300! Dude those pictures are bar none the best beamshots I've seen. Now mind you I've tried my hand at taking pictures of laser beams. I dont' get squat. Be proud of yur skills. Learn to take praise and improve so you get more praise hehe.

T

timelord

Those photos have eaten proctor for breakfast ;D ;D ;D Nice camera too :cool: :cool: :cool:

I think they are probably the best beam pictures I have ever seen :cool: :cool: :cool:.
Awesome work there

Jase

Tallaxo said:
I think they are probably the best beam pictures I have ever seen :cool: :cool: :cool:.
Awesome work there

Jase
Thanks very much. Just wait till I get some I am happy with :)

Kenom said:
WWWFFFF. Hoboy. I want a nice camera but not if it's costs that much!! there has to be a good camera with that kind of power for around $300! Dude those pictures are bar none the best beamshots I've seen. Now mind you I've tried my hand at taking pictures of laser beams. I dont' get squat. Be proud of yur skills. Learn to take praise and improve so you get more praise hehe.

Yep, you can have a great camera and still not be able to get pics one thousandth of those. Gotta have a good location and know how to use your gear. Great pics Biffter!

As for cameras, you could do much of what his 5D can do with the cheaper ($600-800) Rebel XT and XTi cameras, but the lense he has is not so easily substituted, and that one alone would run a little over $1k last I checked.

If you're thinking in the $300 range and you don't mind size, a Canon S2 or S3 IS (or perhaps one of the Panasoniz FZ series) would serve you well, but it still wouldn't get close to comparing with the 5D/24-105L setup except in far zoom or close macro.