Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Phraug.com <150mw Fusion Green laser review

P

Placebo

Great review, Senkat. Thanks!

Just to make sure I'm reading it right:

At the end of the 10 minutes it was putting out 124.9mW with the batteries at 1.1v?

Web site says that they are the mfg, any more info on this? You already answered this for me earlier, but indicated that it was unconfirmed.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, I know it ain't ALL fun and games, it just looks that way sometimes!

The lasers are made by a factory in China. Rick is the designer of the laser. He basically took his research to the manufacturer and said "I want a laser with these qualifications". So they went through rounds of prototypes until they came up with the version that is available now. So in a sense they are the manufacturer because it is their own custom designs. The are more the designer/architect of the laser and the factory produces it according to his specs.

At any rate, one of these days we are going to start a wishlist so that resident pros here can have input on future designs early on, assuming this first round sells well.

S

SenKat

Megahurts - I am thrilled that we had THIS much input to begin with ! How about some CHEAP BLUE ? :cool:

Would there be any interest in a 450mw blue laser in the same body as this green for around $300?

;D

Yeah I thought so. Just kidding. I'll work on seeing what kind of blues are out there.

S

SenKat

Oh man...you are killing me ! Wait - did I read that right ? Did you say I could keep this laser cause I am just such a super-duper guy ? LOL ! ;D ;D

P

Placebo

Thanks for your response megahurts! I wish your venture nothing but the best of success. And Senkat, you certainly got my vote on keeping the sample...speaking of which, my other question? 125mW at 1.1v per cell ? If so, that is one hell of a laser, specs or not! Kick'in ass!

Looking forward to part II of the review: burning details?

S

SenKat

Here is what I just posted on LC - let's see if it stays, or if I get the boot ! Now - to clear the air, I have nothing to gain from this - other than the opportunity to test and play with a laser that kicks A$$ for a few days ! As a matter of fact - I even bought the lithiums used in the test - and am sending them to Megahurts when I return the laser, as I have no use ofr them ! Here's the post :

Guys - this is the real deal, I can assure you of that. To be on the safe side - since I am sure as everyone realizes - you cannot be 100% sure of something until you test it with other, different materials, I have two more IR filters coming in on Wednesday - and I am going to test it again, to ensure that my readings were not flawed. That is really the best I can offer ! This is not my laser, not my company, it was sent to me by a member of CPF to test out for him - so he could get independant results. I hope it does pan out to be 100% good - I have never really even seen a laser of this size and price perform this well.

I will post some more beam shots, and demos tonight - time permitting !

N00B

HA, i started that thread, my name is k? on there. loller cakes

N00B

No problem, when i see a good review like yours on a great product like the "Fusion" i feel like everyone should be entitled to all options for what laser they want to buy, not just one brand.

S

SenKat

Allright - I used a new IRC21 IR filter from sunex to take more measurements, and the readings stayed the same. 1mw of IR leakage on this laser !

SOLD OUT! The current supply is sold out. The next shipment is expected around the second week of May. For those who recently order lasers, they will not come with the instructional brochure from the manufacturer, so you can download the new one here,

phraug dot com/laser/index.php#pamphlet

There is a full website coming soon, so I will keep you posted.

megahurts

S

SenKat

Oh no..................I hope I get mine ! I'm gonna CRY !! I hope my order went in prior to being sold out :(

SenKat said:
Oh no..................I hope I get mine ! I'm gonna CRY !! I hope my order went in prior to being sold out :(

Don't worry I believe it did but I will double check. I'll send you mine back if it didn't.

S

SenKat

Hey - thanks for the offer - but you have gone without your new toy long enough ! :) I need to send you the insurance info, and the delivery conf number - uh, I did not send your 50mw back yet....I have not had time to muck with the lense yet, I was busy with the Fusion :cool: I should get time this weekend for sure !