Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photos of an 405nm laser diode, with photodiode, seen OFF-ON under a microscope

Awesome work. I love your highmag photos.

I appreciate the comment, thanks :beer:

I'm glad that you like, and in relation to the magnification of the photos, I hope soon I will be able to increase it a little more :shhh:

Great pics dude! These are really amazing quality and a good subject to photograph! +1 for sure!

^^ What magnifcation are these taking at?

For now the maximum is X200 (approx), but I hope soon get the double for some parts of the diode, and for the better enjoyment of all.

Great pics dude! These are really amazing quality and a good subject to photograph! +1 for sure!

Thank you for your kind comments, they are appreciated :beer:

My patience and goodwill, I think complements somewhat the lack of good material at my disposal :confused: haha.

Excellent pictures!! The crystal substrate is translucent, and it seems there's light scattering around the incredibly thin lasing region/quantum well.

Last edited:
Holy crap how'd I miss this thread? I love shots like that. I really need to get a decent macro lens for my D90 since I'd rather not use the reversed 50 trick.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :beer:

The next will be even more closely ;)

Excellent pictures!! The crystal substrate is translucent, and it seems there's light scattering around the incredibly thin lasing region/quantum well.

Holy crap how'd I miss this thread? I love shots like that. I really need to get a decent macro lens for my D90 since I'd rather not use the reversed 50 trick.

i just stumbled on this...
truly AMAZING photos my friend. thank you soooo much for your effort here. and to see it Lase! great work:drool:

i just stumbled on this...
truly AMAZING photos my friend. thank you soooo much for your effort here. and to see it Lase! great work:drool:

Thanks for the compliments (in the my 2 threads) haha​​ :beer:

Glad you like :yh:

nmz787

I wonder if the 12X 405nm laser diodes have the photodiode too. I've been looking at current controllers that use the photodiode to control max brightness, since the lasing mirrors can start to break down past a certain current