Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photoelectricity Technology Stock Co. ltd

Heya.

I have been dealing with a company named "Photoelectricity Technology Stock Co. ltd", seated in China. Proclaiming they could deliver 671nm DPSS red modules at a very low price (starting at $12). Even sending out a word document with pictures and 671nm DPSS specifications upon request of detailed product specification.

As the anatomy of the red DPSS is (as I understand it) similar to the green DPSS I figured that it might actually be possible.

Ordered two modules at 20mW. Totaling at $24 + $15 shipping.

Received regular 650nm direct modules. Mostly as expected.

No regrets. Will probably ask them to ship out one of their green high power modules to test power output and update with results, if they don't cut me off as an "complaining annoying customer" which isn't worth doing business with anymore. ;)

Was in touch with another company in China which provides 671nm modules. 20mW @ $233. 50mW @ $288. Making the GB a lot more attractive. However one interesting fact was that she couldn't find any reseller where she operated selling 671nm modules smaller than 25mm diameter. Rather large.

Can you owners of 671nm pointers describe if this seems reasonable for the modules used in your portables?

Heya.

I have been dealing with a company named "Photoelectricity Technology Stock Co. ltd", seated in China. Proclaiming they could deliver 671nm DPSS red modules at a very low price (starting at $12). Even sending out a word document with pictures and 671nm DPSS specifications upon request of detailed product specification.

As the anatomy of the red DPSS is (as I understand it) similar to the green DPSS I figured that it might actually be possible.

Ordered two modules at 20mW. Totaling at $24 + $15 shipping.

Received regular 650nm direct modules. Mostly as expected.

No regrets. Will probably ask them to ship out one of their green high power modules to test power output and update with results, if they don't cut me off as an "complaining annoying customer" which isn't worth doing business with anymore.

Was in touch with another company in China which provides 671nm modules. 20mW @ $233. 50mW @ $288. Making the GB a lot more attractive. However one interesting fact was that she couldn't find any reseller where she operated selling 671nm modules smaller than 25mm diameter. Rather large.

Can you owners of 671nm pointers describe if this seems reasonable for the modules used in your portables?

Wait.... you are saying that you ordered two 671nm modules at 20mW
totaling at $24 + $15 shipping and received two ordinary (not DPSS)
650nm modules....:thinking:

And you are ready to order something else from them...:thinking:...:thinking:...:thinking:

What is wrong with you... Screw me once shame on you....
Screw me twice... I'm an idiot...

Find some other company to purchase from and don't believe all the
Chinese hype...

Jerry

Last edited:
Wait.... you are saying that you ordered two 671nm modules at 20mW
totaling at $24 + $15 shipping and received two ordinary (not DPSS)
650nm modules....:thinking:

And you are ready to order something else from them...:thinking:...:thinking:...:thinking:

Hey Jerry.

Think you correctly misunderstood me ;) I am not looking to purchase a green module. But, if they are offering some compensation I will ask them to send a green module.

But yeah. It is and will probably be what one pay for!