Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photo of a KES 400 PS3 sled

I am in the midst of a tutorial and need a photo of the back of a KES 444 PS3 sled.
Ideally it woud be without the stainless back covers so that the optics can be seen.

I have had dozens of these sleds and not a one has all the optics still in it :'(
If someone has a suitable photo could they post it on the thread for me please.

Regards rog8811

Google image search provided me with these:
kes400a1.jpg

kes400a-bs.jpg

Image credits: Sam's Laser FAQ

Thanks PL, I had been searching the forum for about an hour, after posting I had a look at google images and found the very same picture.... which I have spent a further 2 hours reworking it and writing my tutorial :) .... It now looks like this....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• kes400a-bdrill.jpg
    kes400a-bdrill.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Nice work there mate =)
But why bother photoshoping it? Isn't it better if the users are able to see what it would actually look like? So they dont post messages like "Hey, I have a lot of other stuff on my sled, what is this? Is it a different sled? plz help me!" =)

Anyways, good work there. :)

Stianbl said:
Nice work there mate =)
But why bother photoshoping it? Isn't it better if the users are able to see what it would actually look like? So they dont post messages like "Hey, I have a lot of other stuff on my sled, what is this? Is it a different sled? plz help me!" =)

Anyways, good work there. :)

Looks like he has ulterior motives... I'm guessing he's planning on showing people interesting things you can do with the beam combining optics in there, not simply how to disassemble a sled.

I'm guessing he's planning on showing people interesting things you can do with the beam combining optics in there, not simply how to disassemble a sled.
I think you may be on to something there ;)
All will be revealed I am yet to decide whether to publish after phase one or to wait until it is complete ::)

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
I'm guessing he's planning on showing people interesting things you can do with the beam combining optics in there, not simply how to disassemble a sled.
I think you may be on to something there ;)
All will be revealed I am yet to decide whether to publish after phase one or to wait until it is complete ::)

Regards rog8811

Hows yours coming along? Mine MAY get done before my holiday but I don't know

--hydro15

Hows yours coming along? Mine MAY get done before my holiday but I don't know

I have some time later this week and will use it to get all the bits together to do the optical assembly,
then I will know if my theories are correct.

Regards rog8811