Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PGL-III-C exact specs?

Sta

Hello folks!
I will soon be ordering a PGL-III-C replica from ElectricPlasma, and so I need some exact specs for it.
If you own a PGL-III-C please be kind enough to comment!
("Width" means horizontally along the host, "height" means vertically along it. thanks!)
here goes:
1. Number of fins on heatsink
2. Height of each fin
3. Distance between fins
4. Height of head section
5. Height of battery tube section
6. Width of battery tube section
7. Length of tailcap

These requests may seem a little demanding...
but :thanks:!

Sta

I still need the measurements. Any help from a PGL-III-C owner?
Even if you can only get some of them it would still be great.

Last edited:
How precise of measurements do you want?
I don't have a caliper, so the best measurements I could get would be +/- 1mm at best.

Encap

I still need the measurements. Any help from a PGL-III-C owner?
Even if you can only get some of them it would still be great.

Have you tried asking CNI if the will sell you a host?

There was a propose GB of that host back some time and they were going to be $45-$50 including shipping.
See: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/feeler-pgl-iii-c-bare-hosts-53267.html

Might be a lot easier and less expensive just to purchase one---is worth asking unless you want one made of a differemt material.

Sta

Have you tried asking CNI if the will sell you a host?

There was a propose GB of that host back some time and they were going to be $45-$50 including shipping.
See: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/feeler-pgl-iii-c-bare-hosts-53267.html

Might be a lot easier and less expensive just to purchase one---is worth asking unless you want one made of a differemt material.

They demanded $280.

@matt, I don't need exact measurements, just one thing, are the fins and grooves equal in length? I still need the measurements but for the other ones +-1mm will do.

Encap

They demanded $280.

Wow, $280 is highway robbery for a host that probaly costs them $20-30.

They probably priced it to discourage requests and purchases for several reasons.

You could buy a 200mW 532nm Hulk from DL for only $219.00 if it comes to that to get a PGL III host

Last edited:
1. 18 (including first and last)
2. 2 mm
3. 2 mm
4. 68 mm
5. 119 mm
6. 30 mm
7. 32 mm (not including key switch).

That is the best I could measure.

Full reply:
Yes, the fins and grooves are the same "width" 2 mm, ie. 2 mm fin followed by 2mm groove...
Although the very last fin next to the shutter control is 3 mm long. The grooves are about 2 mm deep.

The total length or the host including the tailcap (and including the shutter) is 218 mm (not including key switch).
The tailcap is 32 mm long (not including key switch).
The head section is 68 mm with 3mm of the being the shutter control.
The host is 38 mm at the widest and 30 mm at the thinnest.

Last edited:
interesting info. I'd have to look at mine, but I know it varies with the age of it, these hosts have several revisions, and are tailored laser to laser, they're not all identical. they're not mass produced parts, but rather machined individually one by one from what i've been told. so the $200 price tag doesn't suprise me much, but still way too expensive compared to a realistic machine cost of maybe 40 bucks. but if you take caps from them and alternate them they don't always mesh up quite right, and definitely not with the holes in the same positions. I have about 4 different variations of these.