Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PBSing 2 NUBM07E in a compact set

Congrats....you made it first !! A dual 07E !! For now...I think this diode is the best when coupled with Cylindrical lenses !!
This would indicate that the initial die junction starts out with the smallest size...which is why it is the most " correctable " with C-lenses.

IMNSHO....the NUBM07E is the most attractive Blue colour....although....the 445nm line also has a special blue/purple Azure color....a wavelength not normally present in nature ( read that somewhere )....and a color I still find very attractive.

Any way....good job !! Welcome to the " Combiner Club " hahaha:bowdown:
It is an addiction !!! Beam out =======>

Last edited:

I did another run after all came down to room temperature. Switching it on for 1 min, then off for 3 min and did this 5 times. Temperature profile:
25-35°C
31-41
36-45
39-48
42-51
44- did not want to heat it over 50°C, so run was stopped.

It seems that with two NUBM44 such a compact set has better to be made of copper.

And yes, this final 3 CL set was thought to be used with 44s, for 07e a 2 CL set with 4x or 6x expansion could be enough. I have a round spot at 5m distance because I wanted so, but closer than this the shape of the beam is horizontal rectangular and further it must be vertical rectangular or oval. Cannot check, the apartment I rent in campus here is not like homes in US, but it is 5min walk from work.