Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Panel Mounting Lens?

UofASanchez

Hi all,

My name is AJ Sanchez. I am new to the laser world, and am currently working on a senior design project in which I am attempting to use a laser diode to help indicate a position/detection region of a PIR sensor.

I recently purchased a VLM-650-03 LPT from Digikey

It is probably wrong in so many ways. However, my question for this laser or maybe sourcing a new one is:

1) Assuming the VLM-650-03 LPT is a good enough product to use, how or what can I purchase to mount the laser diode inside a weatherproof case?
- I am looking for some type of panel mount lens that would be water resistant/water proof.

2) Assuming there is a panel mount lens that can work, what is the safest way to mount the laser diode since the laser diode is positively charged and my weather proof case is a ground reference? Can I mount it with a silicone clamp? It will be essentially free hanging on a panel door and only activated when a button is pressed.

Thank you for any help and information. I have tried doing my fair share of research, but I think my search terms are not terms used within the laser world. I am hoping this impressive forum of world wide laser professionals, hobbyists, and experts can shed some light on my problem.

Respectfully,
AJ Sanchez

Last edited:

UofASanchez

Thank you very much ArcticDude. I will definitely have to take a look. I appreciate a point in the general direction. Other than that I was lost, and ended up on this awesome forum site.