Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Pack of 16 corrected parallel beams with total power equal to NUBM31T (~90W)

Light superglue

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
573
Points
63
Recently I have stated a new project to try a different technical solution for the Pack of beams divergence problem.

Here I have tried to find the best use of cylindricals received some months ago from last GB organised by CDBeam.
I have that device made of 2xNUBM08 blocks from techhood which are very well focused (this was just a luck), so only 3-4 of the 16 beams were focused badly by G-ball lenses here. Once focused at 20cm this thing burned through stainless steel almost as good as NUBM31T.

So I supposed that due to big size of these lenses each pair can be used to correct 2 beams, so 16 beams could be expanded by using only 8 of such pairs where 16 pairs of cylindricals from LSP would be needed. From other side, the wideness of these lenses does not allow to install all the group on one holding plate, so I had to machine 2 holders for each of PCV and PCX groups.

Here it is assembled, the beams from these blocks are quite parallel, so the idea works and now you see at last 12 (fairly) sharp points on the wall 5m away. Later I plan to add a refocuser for the 4 beams which are not focused well here followed by a kind of "macro-DMD" chip with 16 adjustable mirrors I am making now to get all of these beams parallel...
 

Attachments

  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 13
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 16 lines.jpg
    16 lines.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 16 points.jpg
    16 points.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 13



Alaskan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
12,937
Points
113
Eager to see you tame this module, only thing which prevents me from buying one is how far off from parallel the diodes can be.
 

Light superglue

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
573
Points
63
Hi Alaskan,

Here I have added the refocusing plate with only 4 of the16 holes holding 2 Sanwu G-2 each.

This makes the 4 originally badly focused beams to be focused well but at the cost of losing the direction. When focusing them I had to cover rest of the beams with millimeter paper. It also makes visible the square shape of the beams after 6x expansion.

Now these 4 beams are out of the alignment with the rest of the beams but later I think it can be fixed by using mirors.
 

Attachments

  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 4




Top