Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oxlaser 4000mW

Advertised as a true 3W+. If so, not bad for $165! I'll be doing a strip down/test and reviewing once it arrives. I bought the 4000mW option.

oxlasers OX BX5 445nm 2000mw 5000mw burning focusable blue laser pointer (5 star caps) with safety glasses+Free Shipping-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I'm curious to see if it is that powerful as well. I've seen a lot of sites like this claim to have this kind of power but don't. And if it is coming from China to the US there's also the chance of customs denying it. Good luck either way my friend :)

jcf1

Good thing I'm in the UK then - where I can import whatever laser cannon I so wish :D

jcf1

It arrived!!

First impressions are good. The build quality is not as good as the cheaper aliexpress laser I purchased on a previous thread. The threads are a little rough. That said, its not low quality. Parts are all metal, o-rings used throughout. Not so keen on the battery spring to driver connection - I don't like to see glue in my lasers! Clicky switch is just OK. I will be changing host at some point, but most would be quite happy.

Lens is glass, and in a good quality metal retaining nut. Focussing is smooth and fairly simple.

Doesn't take protected cells so I had to remove the PCB from my yetzls to fit. Did come with a pair of rechargeables. Came in a neat flight case, with cheapo safety glasses and the obligatory selection of star caps.

Again - no safety features, no key, override switch, warmup mode..... So be careful!

In terms of power I have not got access to my friends LPM at the moment so figures will need to wait. That said, next to the tested 1.2-1.4W I bought it is far more scary.

Heatsink is on the small side. Will probably upgrade for more runtime, as wouldn't trust this to last!

Holding both together on lighter coloured surfaces and there is an instant profusion of smoke, where the comparative laser takes a couple of seconds and does far less damage. It torches everything without mercy even at a distance and relatively out of focus. Beam clearly visible in broad daylight. This really is quite a cannon!

:lasergun:

Bit of noise/artifacts from the diode but nothing too terrible. Lens is good enough - diverges the beam very wide.

Here is the case:
img_20150616_191049282_hdr.jpg

Inside:
img_20150616_191118106.jpg

Laser for comparison against cheapy 1W on my other thread:
img_20150616_191141660.jpg

Taken apart:
img_20150616_191231314_hdr.jpg

Lens:
img_20150616_191412296.jpg

9mm Diode:
img_20150616_191445653.jpg

Beam without lens:
img_20150616_191827068.jpg

Beam with lens at widest:
img_20150616_192134142.jpg

I'll attach the traditional beam shots later once its dark next to the cheapy laser from my other thread. As soon as I can I'll follow with LPM figures - unless someone reading has one in my area. It will most certainly measure up higher than my 1.4W, without any doubt - how close it is to the claimed 3W+ will remain to be seen!!

Last edited:
Look forward to the beam shots, JC.
You're like Star Trek, daring to go where none have gone before...i.e. trying the new, higher power, much less expensive lasers to come out recently.

i doubt its anyway near 3W or something its probably a 1,6W diode usually those cheap 445 lasers have that but they claim they are 2W+ usually.. To me its wasted money on that, the host isnt really that great the heatsinking usually is very poor, doesnt take protected cells wtf ? even tho its kinda long it should have, and the most important thing no safety features or anything thats a big NO to that laser even if it just peaks 1W its still a shitload of power u dont want anyway near your eyes.

Last edited:

jcf1

LPM results in - 3102 peak, 2983 average. So sorry Mortuus - but certainly not a 1.6W diode...

Host is OK, but ideally would go for something with else.

Agree with what you say re. safety to an extent Mortuus - but I'm also a firearms holder. Practice the same muzzle awareness. Once its got batteries, don't point at anything you value!

So Oxlaser, Ben Wang, is pretty honest about his lasers after all.
That's pretty much what he said on his webpage.
:wave:

Very Nice Review and Great Pics! Pretty powerful at 3W. Would love to see some beam pics :)