Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Overpowered lasers

First, I would like to say that I am NOT a pot modder!
Although, I have pot modded a couple 5mW greenies and a 5mW 405nm and got them to pop balloons...

With that out of the way, Post whatever overly high power "5-30mW" lasers you found/have.
I once had the more expensive version of the 405nm 5mW on DX and it could not burn, But was pretty damn bright.
So I am thinking about getting lots of overpowered lasers and making a laser array. I do not like owning single high power lasers because they get dropped sometimes, etc.
My Lazerer 120mW 405nm died within a week of getting it from ???diode malfunction??? on my birthday, I was too busy to mail it back to them so I probably cant get a new one now.
I will use them as non-array too, Star pointing, Screwing around..
Hoping to burn some stuff with collimated parallel photons.
EDIT:
I also use to have a 30mW green handhield that could pop ballons, And I bought a DX 200mW green module and it came broken!! Same with the 5mW module I bought from them.

Last edited:

This is probably not going to be overspec by much if any, but this will burn reasonably well: LZCS - 405nm 100mW Focusable Violet Laser Pointer

If you want cheaper, then I believe it was this pack that someone on here got some 50mw lasers out of: Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® Green Red Blue / Violet / Purple Beam Laser Pointer Combo 3 Laser Light Pens 5mw 532nm 650nm 405nm Triple Colors Astronomy Powerful: Electronics - Search before buying that though.
EDIT:
Sorry I only clicked the lazerer link, Braindead today.

Last edited:
I bought a <5mW 405nm a few months ago. I have no LPM so I can't measure it but I can poke holes in plastic with the pointer as is, and if I use a regular magnifying glass I can even light a match!
If anyone could give an estimate on that power I would be glad :D