Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Other hobbies...

ardyp

used to play cs:s and softair, i like motorbikes(i own a ducati monster) and in general everything have a motor inside... :D

i like hunting(underwater) and also diving(i'm rescue diver) :p

well possibly I have such more interest, but this are the one that i prefer... :)

roSSco

climbak said:
Me too. When i say road racing, people usually think fast and the furious. The only thing in common between the two is that they both involve cars.
I participated in a 2 day HPDE in my 2004 ZO6. There were 4 groups, 20 minutes per group. I really wish I could afford to do it more often. It's the most fun you can have in a car with your pants on. :D

roSSco

To add to my post above...I had 305/30/18 Hoosier racing slicks on all four corners. I was never passed either day! I passed everyone except a friend in another ZO6 that started just behind me each time. He wanted to try and pass me on his street tires. :D If we had the same tires I think he could have. He won 1st palce in his SCCA class that year.

Man I wish I could fit 305s on my 350z! About the most I can stuff in there without modifying the wheel wells are 285s. I am going down to 275/17s over the summer hopefully because the track tires are so much cheaper and when you use up a set in 5 or 6 track days that can add up. I can usually pass or keep up with most of the vettes on street tires, but then they get to the straights and my little v6 cant keep up haha. If I could afford it I would do it more often as well, but with tires, brakes, safety stuff, suspension, etc the cost gets high quick. That's why I'm buying another motorcycle. It's just way cheaper, plus there is nothing like dragging a knee at high speed. ;D

i got to ride in a Z-06 once :'( I told my wife hey I'm 40 now wheres the vette
she gave me a go to he&& look and said nothing else so I'm shooting for the vette at 50 now :D

nikokapo said:
wait....what??
you own a 350z???
Yes I do. Had to sell my last motorcycle to get it though. I sure was sad to let her go, but airconditioning is important in Arizona when you grew up in Alaska.

@john
I'm jealous. I would love a new vette. I'm half thinking about saving up for the new Nissan GT-R instead though because I like higher tuning instead of more displacement. We will see in about 20 yrs when I finally graduate haha.

@john
I'm jealous.

THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN BE JEALOUS OF ANYBODY IF YOU OWN A 350Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can you afford one *snif*....you all really need a trip to argentina :p

I got a smokin deal on it and I went into a bit of debt. That's how to afford it haha. I actually want to go to argentina to go climbing. I've seen some good rock there.

Is Argentina like Norway Niko? Huge car taxes? Man and I thought we had it bad in Oz... a new M3 is two and a half times the price of one in the USA! That's robbery! :mad:

jayrob

bobobob121 said:
I was just wondering if anyone had any hobbies other than lasers. For instance, i play paintball, fish, airsoft, golf, and xbox live of course  ;D Im sure there are a few others, but i cant think of them right now.

Here's one of my latest hobbies... RC heli's are awesome! T-rex 600. 53" blade span!:cool:
Jay
[media width=640]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xt82GSi7dM[/media]

Awesome flying skills Jay.

Saw a gas heli once and it never did the upside like U did!

1. How many X have you crashed? Be honest now! ;D

2. Is that elec. motor powered? It sounds cool like a turbojet.

NS0201

jayrob said:
[quote author=bobobob121 link=1210300624/0#0 date=1210300624]I was just wondering if anyone had any hobbies other than lasers. For instance, i play paintball, fish, airsoft, golf, and xbox live of course  ;D Im sure there are a few others, but i cant think of them right now.

Here's one of my latest hobbies... RC heli's are awesome! T-rex 600. 53" blade span!:cool:
Jay
[media width=640]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xt82GSi7dM[/media]
[/quote]

beast!!!!!!!

jayrob

Laserrod said:
Awesome flying skills Jay.

Saw a gas heli once and it never did the upside like U did!

1. How many X have you crashed? Be honest now! ;D

2. Is that elec. motor powered? It sounds cool like a turbojet.

When you are first learning, you go through some crashes alright... I have a smaller one (450) that I have crashed probably 15 times. The 600, with over 4' blade span, can kill you. So, you better get past the 'crash stage' before you start flying them!

It is an electric. The 5000mA 22volt lipo pack gives you 6 minutes of flight. Takes an hour to charge. So you need more than one battery.

Believe me. 6 minutes is longer than you think! Your ready to land...
Jay