Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ordered x-125 from nova

last year it took me forever to convince my parents to get me a laser for christmas and when I did I chose the crappy Infinity 75 from techlasers of all things.  Well this year after learning how techlasers isn't to be trusted I asked my parents if I could get a x-125 from nova and they said yes ;D i also got the mega matrix DG too.

What can I expect from the x-125? my infinity 75 could barely light matches with a cap set attached so I'm hoping the x-125 is an improvement.

instant match light  ;D

this is my alpha 105

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTI9cohotjE[/media]

i don't even think the infinity 75 is actually 75mW. you will see much better results from an X-125 from NOVALasers. remember to wear a goggle! have fun buddy! :)

Yeah, the x125 will blow you away. I ordered one also and should get it tomorrow! Can't wait.

I have a X-125, it peaks at about 150mW. With Nova-Lasers, the rating is a minimum reading over a couple of minutes. Mine requires about 10-seconds to warm-up. Battery-level also makes a difference.
Mine has a very thin beam, which is great for burning and popping, but it is not the greatest diverange, the spot grows quite a bit over distance, but it is a long-distance.
I think you will be very happy, only the price-tag bothered me. Make sure to wear your goggles, these are certainly not toys.
DH

well I got my x125 today and am very impressed so far. Here are the specs

Peak: 155.4 mW
Average: 144.7 mW

I don't have any balloons/matches/electrical tape but it stings my skin instantly and smokes leather almost instantly. it seems to be operating in purely tem00 so far which is good since nova no longer guarantees that.

One question. Are lithiums ok to use in the x-series?

hm...is it normal for the beam to exit the aperture at a slight angle? When I aim at something 20 feet away the dot will be 4 inches from where I aimed.

yes, all my green lasers have the beam come out at a slight angle ;) DL95 techlasers infiniti 50 alpha 105 DX20 :p

artix

smogon_user said:
well I got my x125 today and am very impressed so far. Here are the specs

Peak: 155.4 mW
Average: 144.7 mW

I don't have any balloons/matches/electrical tape but it stings my skin instantly and smokes leather almost instantly. it seems to be operating in purely tem00 so far which is good since nova no longer guarantees that.

One question. Are lithiums ok to use in the x-series?

Energizer lithiums are OK.
12130_1207746512.jpg

Not 10440 lithiums.
sku_0974_1_thumb.jpg