Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ordered a 561nm 5mw laser module. Need help with build ideas.

well there's also copied PLE pro host for sale on fleebay...(give your self a 561nm ple pro)?

then Jetlaser might start producing them lolz....

D

Deleted member 16589

D

Deleted member 16589

Thanks. Little expensive to use for a host though. I wish I'd kept my old laserglow ares-35. This module might have fit in that.

I bet someone has a GLP host spare Laying around Worst case why not put out a Want to buy in the BST thread.

You mite just find a cheap aluminum flashlight to gut. Then have someone machine a heat sink to fit that.
I've found a few that I bought for under $10 (including battery and charger) just to practice making heat sinks for.

Razako

Crazy idea here. I have a 5-6 year old 473nm blue RPL which is basically SUPER obsolete. It has bad stability problems and takes like 2 minutes to warm up before it puts out any kind of meaningful output. I'm kinda wondering if the 561nm module would fit inside of it. Ideally I'd keep the 473 module intact and then make some kind of lab laser with it. The RPL host takes 18650's, but I could possibly use a single non rechargeable CR123 3V cell with spacers. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Razako

Well, I think I've got the host issue figured out. The circular piece of aluminum in the middle is the heatsink that the RPL used. I just need to put a 15mm hole through it, put the module in and then screw the heatsink back into the RPL body. With any luck I'll just need to solder the switch wires again and then figure out how to space a single 3V CR123 into the case which usually takes 18650's. Not much to do now but wait for my 561 module to arrive. Sorry blue RPL, you'll be remembered. I kept the crystal assembly for whatever it's worth.
IMG_0750_zpsdeshcjsb.jpg

Last edited: