Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics RPL BLUE 35

tatman

About the company Jack works for: He don't. It's Optotronics and he OWNS it.

K

kcomptonjr

look at you with your fog machine!! dont worry, i cheat too. jk. so seriously, whats brighter, blue or green?

Attachments

• optotronics_001.jpg
    optotronics_001.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 76
K

kcomptonjr

i have enough money to get the rpl-260, i really wanted to get a beam expander. how powerful is your RPL-225? what can u do with it?
im kinda leary about the whold mW thing, cause my supposed 100mW green laser from china sucks.
so can it pop baloons, light matches? from how far away? does it need to be marked with dark marker?

Attachments

• optotronics_007.jpg
    optotronics_007.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 77
kcomptonjr said:
i have enough money to get the rpl-260,  i really wanted to get a beam expander. how powerful is your RPL-225? what can u do with it?
im kinda leary about the whold mW thing, cause my supposed 100mW green laser from china sucks.
so can it pop baloons, light matches? from how far away? does it need to be marked with dark marker?
it'll most likely be over-spec, so it would be slightly above 250mW. it definitely can pop balloons and light matches from a few metres away. it's recommended that you mark it because colours other than black are reflected by Green light.

MeanieGreenie said:
it's recommended that you mark it because colours other than black are reflected by Green light.

I think you're a little confused.
If an object is green, that means it's reflecting all the green light and absorbing the other colors.
Since black adsorbs all colors, no light is reflected (thus black).
The best colors for absorbing green light energy is black and the color opposite the color wheel of green (Magenta). Red works well to as it's close to magenta, but magenta and black work equally well.

btw, using a black marker on either a balloon or a match is really lame, RPL lasers and for that matter any high quality laser doesn't need it.

Jack

jayrob

kcomptonjr said:
i have enough money to get the rpl-260,  i really wanted to get a beam expander. how powerful is your RPL-225? what can u do with it?

Optotronics is Top Notch! :)

Do you know of any other company that has an upgrade offer? Jack is doing an upgrade for my RPL350 right now...

I just had to have the new silver one with the cool logo! :D
Jay

jayrob said:
[quote author=kcomptonjr link=1211245147/40#50 date=1228970723]i have enough money to get the rpl-260, i really wanted to get a beam expander. how powerful is your RPL-225? what can u do with it?

Optotronics is Top Notch! :)

Do you know of any other company that has an upgrade offer? Jack is doing an upgrade for my RPL350 right now...

I just had to have the new silver one with the cool logo! :D
Jay
[/quote]

Wow jayrob, you really are a madman. ;D I can't imagine a RPL-350 not being enough, yet you are upgrading, what you going for an RPL-425?

jayrob

You are correct... The RPL 350 was plenty! I mostly just had to have the new look silver RPL with the cool logo. If you have not seen it, go to the web site and take a look at it. It is awesome! I am upgrading to an RPL - 375. I just want the new look! :D
Jay

Attachments

• New_RPL.jpg
    New_RPL.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 87
Oh I see. So thats the excuse you are using to justify the upgrade, eh? ;)

The new host looks great though!