Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics optics set

Ordered an Optotronics optics set. The set was nicely shipped in a Fedex bubble bag, and came with a transparent box which you can compartment yourself. Inside are all kinds of optics, all of them wrapped into grease-free paper and/or plastic bags. After unwrapping all the goodies this is what the set is composed of:

dsc02521640x480cj0.jpg

As you can see, a nice collection of filters, gratings, lenses, (semi)mirrors and other stuff. I only played with a few items yet, and the diffraction gratings are my favorite so far.

I'll post some pictures of a wicked optic set-up soon! :cool:

Very nice stuff! The optics set/grab bags from optotronics and surplusshed are absolutely amazing. I still routinely use the optics I got in those sets over a year ago on a regular basis for everything from simple hobbyist playing around, to serious work.

diachi

That looks like a nice set, i'm sure you'll be having fun with it. Would be nice if you could give is some pictures with the optics and your lasers :p

diachi

I got my gratings from an old projector :D Then made a stand for one of them out of paper clips, I'll get pictures of it when my lasers arrive :)

Where do people recommend as the best place to get a stack of cool diffraction gratings? Just the gratings, not a whole optic set :)