Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 30mW not working?

spark

Hello LPF,

Last week I purchased my first laser, an Optotronics 30mW green laser pen pointer on 06/04/12 and it came 6/07/12 so I was very happy with how fast my laser got here.

I took it out of the box and it was great, grabbed batteries to put in the laser, and I was happy with it - laser was bright, came overspec at 33mW, visible beam at night.

Fast forward to June 10th, or yesterday, I took out my laser and I noticed it was noticeably dimmer then it once was. I thought it was my batteries, so today I went out and purchased new Duracell batteries, popped 'em in and my laser didn't work at all :cryyy:

I was wondering if I got a faulty laser or if it was something I did wrong to it? I used the laser once every day, so that would be 3-4 days of short use. I have never dropped it or anything, and it was used for about 20 minutes all together.

Contact Opto. Bootleg2go aka Jack at optoptronics is a member here also btw.

Did you always put in the batteries correctly? Did you follow the duty cycle? (For 30mW, duty cycle isn't really an issue though.)

Was the laser dropped, shaken, etc? Possible there is just a loose contact somewhere.

spark

Contact Opto. Bootleg2go aka Jack at optoptronics is a member here also btw.

Did you always put in the batteries correctly? Did you follow the duty cycle? (For 30mW, duty cycle isn't really an issue though.)

Was the laser dropped, shaken, etc? Possible there is just a loose contact somewhere.

Batteries were always in correctly, laser was never kept on for more than a minute at a time, and the laser was never dropped, nor have I shaken it.

I did send in a email using the contact form on the website, hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Give him a little time, Jack will take care of you.
Don't worry.

Yup, one of the benefits of dealing with a good company, if you haven't done anything wrong, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Give him 24-48 hours to respond.