Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 150mw green pen & batteries

Joejoe123

I’ve been having problems with my optotronics 150mw green laser pen. I had one already but sent it back casue I was noticing problems. He sent me out a new one but it just seems to have the same problems a couple days after receiving it. I’m using Duracell optimum AAA batteries and am thinking this my be part of the problem. What do you guys think or what might be causing this? My problem is when I start to use my laser it seems like when I turn it on it power is much weaker than it normally is. I have to either let is run for 10 second or more or take the batteries out and switch them around to get the full power back. It’s very frustrating and I don’t understand why it is doing this. He has some of the most high quality lasers on the market and they just don’t seem to be performing as they should be...

Gatrezal

I bought one of their pens after reading here they were good and it was junk. The laser beam itself looked ok, when it worked. The tolerances were too loose in the host, batteries rattled around and was hardly ever a good connection, didn’t want to make contact with the spring correctly, whatever, seemed very cheap. anyway, I felt ripped off buying from them.

Joejoe123

I bought one of their pens after reading here they were good and it was junk. The laser beam itself looked ok, when it worked. The tolerances were too loose in the host, batteries rattled around and was hardly ever a good connection, didn’t want to make contact with the spring correctly, whatever, seemed very cheap. anyway, I felt ripped off buying from them.
I wouldn’t say it feels very cheap but the batteries defiantly rattle around inside of it and it feels somewhat cheap for how expensive and nice they’re suppose to be. And for a 150mw pen pointer for over 200$ I expect a lot more. Literally not even a week and I’m having the same problems. When it’s not in use now I just take the batteries out and when I use it again I just pop them back in and it seems to work perfect. I love the optotronics becasue it has such a nice beam divergence. You point other lasers up against an opto into the sky and you can see what kind of massive difference the low divergence on the opto makes me. That for me is what gets me hard. Burning power also but a nice low beam divergence and nice small diameter is what I look for. The sanwu or whatever they’re called has amazingly powerful lasers but there divergence is such garbage I just can justify buying one. What laser company or laser would you recommend friend? i was also looking at jet lasers but haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet. I just want something that is clear cut and the best. I was gonna get the rpl green 1400 but I guess it is out of stock until he can get 12+ orders or something...

Gatrezal

I don’t have anything to recommend, sorry. I’m a laser noob. My optotronics pen was my first laser and my first project of trying to fix one. I stripped it down just to see what’s inside. It won’t go back together now, but I don’t care. It inspired me to try and make my own now, because the build quality was so crappy, I know I could def do better myself...😄