Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

opto 150?

Hey guys,

I love the community here, and I love lasers.

Say, Im thinking about getting a 150 mW green laser, mostly for astronomy, and recreational purposes (aka just having fun with it)

Should this laser impress me for 200 dollars?

And also, is there a disadvantage to having a pen laser size, as opposed to the fatter kind? (sorry for the layman terminology)

also could you post some beam pics of your optotronics 150?

Thank you!

No "Pen" lasers will hold the high output, (>150 mw) for, say >120 seconds, closest thing to a long duty cycle smaller laser is the WL Evolution, mine is higher after the first 3 min. (hits 160mW), but the main reason for a "Fat" laser is the heat sinking to get several minutes of high output. I recommend the RPL or Viasho for this longer use time. -Glenn

Last edited:
For 200dls? Where are u getting it from for that price?

If this is your first high powered laser, you'll be amazed, I have a 100mw and its impressive the dot is visible at any time even with direct sun light, the beam is visible in doors, and outside its totally visible at night you can't really see how far it goes

Last edited:
Well, my EVO was $250 shipped which is a steal IMHO! And No, you can't get the RPL or Viasho for $200, ...new anyway. -GH

For 200dls? Where are u getting it from for that price?

If this is your first high powered laser, you'll be amazed, I have a 100mw and its impressive the dot is visible at any time even with direct sun light, the beam is visible in doors, and outside its totally visible at night you can't really see how far it goes

optotronics.com

they're great

I have this exact "pen" style laser . You wont be disappointing for $200. Trust me. Just be aware, you can't use this thing in doors without glasses.