Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optical supply@massive prism

I post the same thread on "deal section", i post here a fast review of this great seller :
Hello people  ;)
I would like to share with you some interesting stuff such as non equilateral prism that allow you to make double total internal reflection, so the laser beam is send back to the emmiter ... there are many other application, for example to play with some light path, or also create rainbow (not tested because no sun at now)
Here it is some picture, sorry for the poor quality, i don"t have my tripod to make good photo  :-/, and my beam is only at 50mW, so we can't see the beam very well, but in reality, it's very bright :
clasni4.jpg

Classic refraction
doublehl4.jpg

Double total internal reflection
pathli1.jpg

path2lk7.jpg

(+fog)
path3vm6.jpg

prism1xx3.jpg

prism2xy0.jpg

I found them on ebay(14.5 cm along the hypotenuse and almost 3.8cm long):
http://stores.ebay.com/Optical-Supply
i bought the "chipped" one (5 of them)for 33$, im really surprised of the quality, better than expected, the chips are very tinier and don't bother me, for the price, it's really a big deal !
+ the seller is very friendly and the prism are insanely packaged, don't need to say that i'm very satisfied !
I'm very happy to have found this seller  ;)

yeah but i see that the discount of -20% disappeared now
Its a bit pricey now, but they are so beautiful !

beware : equilateral prism won't give DOUBLE total internal reflection : only isocele prism can do that !
DrEvil: can you post your result of rainbow if you make some ? i want to see what this gigantic prism do

DSC03122.JPG

left : my prism     right : DrEvil prism
:D

This is about as good as it's going to get for now. I'll mess with it more later on. The real thing does look a lot better.

Attachments

• rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 8,931

Benm

I wonder if these could be used to combine, for example, red and green beams.

If you shine in a white beam, those colors should end up exiting at different angles, so that process should be reversible. I've never seen it done though, as beam combining is usually done with dichro's... which are probably much more compact to set up.

Benm said:
I wonder if these could be used to combine, for example, red and green beams.

If you shine in a white beam, those colors should end up exiting at different angles, so that process should be reversible. I've never seen it done though, as beam combining is usually done with dichro's... which are probably much more compact to set up.

http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=22

"Product Details  

The 90 degree specialty mirror has one 90 degree angle where the two mirror coated sides meet. The hypotenuse is uncoated. These properties allow this optic to [highlight]split or combine[/highlight] images or to be used as a displaced retroflector."

It might be a different type of prism... It probably is. But it looks the same!