Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Omg i pushed the new thread button!

Been a lurker for a couple years, just finally signed up and started collecting lasers due to a back injury that has confined me to my house for the last 12 weeks (still waiting on surgery, sometime in the next 8 weeks). I have purchased a bunch of lasers in the last few weeks including two high power kits so I can assemble a couple and really feel I did more than just put batteries in and light matches with them. I did want to thank all the members here for stressing safety, I have slightly damaged my eyes over the years due arc welding flash, and other occupational issues, being that for years I was an auto mechanic. Since being able to see the results of accidental damage from high power lasers, I have not only provided for my safety, but now have goggles enough for all my friends if they wish to observe or use my lasers, so thank you to those who made mistakes and had the guts to let us know so we do not follow your steps. I normally am a avid RC model aircraft pilot, I say avid cause I am one of those guys that when I am able I even carry an rc plane in the car (slow stick with brushless setup and remote camera), and will spend my lunch everyday flying. Since I am locked in the house now I am indulging in my intrest in lasers and again want to thank you guys for an excellent resource and something that can be both interesting and engaging for days on end, the LPF.

Heh, welcome to the forum! Soon enough the safety posters will post just in case, accidents are the last thing we need to hear about.

You showed up around an interesting time in terms of lasers, dpss red and blue are finally getting cheap, as well as higher powered green DPSS lasers. Green diodes at a slightly bluer wavelength are due to start popping up soon, red diodes are pushing the 1W mark, while blue diodes are starting to be common at 2.5W+.

Hope you have a nice time at LPF! I'm a DPSS laser guy, if you have any questions I'm glad to answer them! Enjoy your stay!
-Z

Nice Brick of text you got there....TLDR

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/get-some-safety-goggles-now-75799.html#post1093178

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

vk2fro

Welcome to the forums.

I'm also into RC models and since your housebound its not a lot of fun not being able to drive or fly (I do both cars and helicopters). Mabye you should get yourself a little heli to fly around the house, or a little plane, and learn the art of tailstanding or "hanging" an RC plane. This is the act of basically hovering the model in one spot, using the rudder to move and the ailerons to roll. It could end up being a tonne of fun for you, along with your lasers.

If you do get a chopper, coaxials are the most forgiving, followed by fixed pitch, and then collective pitch. Your plane controller may even have a setting in the model memory for helicopters, so you'd not need another controller (The DX6i does both planes and choppers, as does my DSX9).

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, I have an MCX heli and an MCP for indoor flying, I fly a Futaba 9CAP radio converted over to 2.4 Spektrum, I have several indoor planes from the night vapor to the champ, problem is I am living on codeine so my depth preception is shot and when I make an error and yank my head around or flinch that ends up putting me flat on my back for 12 hours to get over it, so flying is out for a while, but I appreciate the thought

Dan E