Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oldie but Newbie

Have been playing with a few lasers for a while, but just joined the forum. Have a few 5 or 10mw green pointers and an Aries 125mw green pointer. Looking to get one of each of color starting with violet 405 and blue 455 in pretty high powers while we can still get them. Safety features are critical so if someone else picks one up they can not activate it. (I think this rules out Laserer products, unfortunately). Thinking of Sky at laserbtb based on reviews here, but welcome suggestions!

IsaacT

Laserbtb seems to be doing really well and is one of the few with a number of safety features present on their lasers. If I had the money, I would buy one of every wavelength in their PL style.(I think it is called PL atleast). Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forums, Be sure to read all the rules/stickies and use the search button as much as possible. As said above, They are a great company.

Thanks for the feedback! Since my only experience with a higher-powered laser is with my Laserglow Aries, that is my benchmark to compare to. As with other posters, I have nothing but praise and admiration for their products and service based on my experience.

Just ordered several lasers from Laserbtb based on the feedback above, so thanks for replying so quickly! Membership has already been well worth the admission cost. As long as I get them and they work as advertised. :)

Thanks again,
Tom

Have been playing with a few lasers for a while, but just joined the forum. Have a few 5 or 10mw green pointers and an Aries 125mw green pointer. Looking to get one of each of color starting with violet 405 and blue 455 in pretty high powers while we can still get them. Safety features are critical so if someone else picks one up they can not activate it. (I think this rules out Laserer products, unfortunately). Thinking of Sky at laserbtb based on reviews here, but welcome suggestions!

You could buy from one of the many forum members that build great lasers here. The batteries are normally none standard size (to the general public) and should be stored out of and away from the lasers anyway...
-Shane

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you are on your way to some safe and sane fun. I emphasize the safe.

Just a quick update to say thanks to the great laser peeps on this forum and all the helpful info. In addition to my LaserGlow Aries (an awesome star pointer in MHO) and a couple other green sky pointers that I already had, based on searches of the forum and reviews here, I ordered five new Sky Laser pointers from Laserbtb.

They arrived, but I couldn't get any of them to work using my 3.0v c123A batteries. A few clicks and searches on this forum, and I found that the batteries don't go in positive end first as every other flashlight type device I own. The positive end has to face the tailcap. Eureka!

I was able to do quick tests and successfully fire up all five lasers. I then ordered ten AW 16340 batteries which I just charged up in my Intellicharger I4 PRO charger (which I purchased after reading reviews in candlepowerforums.com), and am now running my lasers at 3.7v power.

I am very happy with the service from Laserb2b and even more happy with the advice and helpful information from the members of this forum. Through these two forums I have educated myself on batteries, charger technologies, LED tactical and search flashlights, and lasers. Well done and extremely helpful! :gj:

Thank you!
Tom

norbyx

Well Tom welcome to the forum,
I am a noob myself and the first time I hooked up a laser I made the same mistake you made, put the battery the wrong way. Fortunately that was the first thing I checked, so I had no need in searching for info on the problem.
As for the lasers, please don't forget to put your safety goggles on while you handle them.