Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ok now what ...

Hope I have the right post area ...  I have 3 diodes, a 405nm 20 mw , an 650nm 5mw and a 650nm 200mw, can I get a a single type of driver to handle all 3 diodes?  can I turn any of these in to a burning laser? I have seen a video of that guy with the laser phaser and like the idea , but I dont want to burn up any diodes up , I would like to do it right ...

Any help would be great ...

what exactly are you trying to do with them? make a pen or pointer? or make a labby with 3 diodes in it?

[edit]I have seen a video of that guy with the laser phaser and like the idea [/edit]

labby?

i was wondering if i can buy the same type of driver for all 3 diodes ... and if any of the 3 types of diode were capable of a burnig laser ...

1 of the diodes came in a houseing with and ajustable lens and a driver already attached

diachi

A lab style laser, like this one :

red250sm.jpg

diachi

OpposedOdie said:
i was wondering if i can buy the same type of driver for all 3 diodes ... and if any of the 3 types of diode were capable of a burnig laser ...

The 20mW 405 may burn a little, but the 200mW 650 will burn for sure.

no im not looking to go that far right now with a lab style laser ... im a noob ... lol ...

[edit]i was wondering if i can buy the same type of driver for all 3 diodes ... and if any of the 3 types of diode were capable of a burnig laser ...

1 of the diodes came in a houseing with and ajustable lens and a driver already attached [/edit]

well are you trying to fit it into a host (flashlight)

if so dr lavas flex drive is the beswt option and would work on all three of those diodes
make sure to buy some modules to so you can focus the lasers and also a heat sink if you plan on having long duty cycles